New Large Monitor/TV

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by popsnbeer, Sep 23, 2006.

1. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

Okay I am looking for a large monitor/TV (about 32" or so), but cant seem to find anything I like. I want the large viewing space but it seems that once you go to the larger TV's then resolution looks kind of grainy and unclear. Is there anything that looks as good as a 19 inch good monitor but the size of about 27-32" ??

Thanks

2. et3rnul

et3rnul OT Supporter

Any high resolution display will make a Standard Definition television signal appear grainy. However, some HDTVs handle SD better than others. Will you need this primarily as a TV or a computer monitor?

3. jdubb5005

jdubb5005 I live in a giant bucket.

4. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

This will be serving its purpose as a computer monitor...I was just in Best Buy (shakes head, but I had to see one in person) and video's and stuff looks great until the actual desktop or program appears. Words are blurry and such...is there a way to circumvent this problem.

Good looking deal on the 32" @ newegg but will it give me crystal clear picture ??

5. jdubb5005

jdubb5005 I live in a giant bucket.

Most video cards have a setting to adjust text for large lcd screens. It makes the text crisper. I have never seen the newegg monitor, but it has a decent contrast ratio and the response time is alright for most needs.

6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

A big LCD like that will be ok for a monitor, but LCD's have lousy viewing angles. If you move just a foot in any direction, it will change the color/contrast that you see.

If you want a big screen that can do both, get one of the high res 24" screens and park it on your computer desk.

You can get an Acer 24" with 1920x1200 screen resolution and 1000-1 contrast ratio for 700 bucks shipped.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=Property&Subcategory=20&Description=&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&Manufactory=1146&PropertyCodeValue=3098%3A21328