MIL *NEW* Joining The Military FAQ

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ranger-AO, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

The old one got deleted when EYOB's posts were pruned.

Time to recreate the FAQ again - and maybe even come up with more or better info.

We need details on how to become an officer, how to become a Warrant Officer, and (of course) how to navigate your way through the maze of enlistment options.

I think I have the ASVAB faq tucked away somewhere. Post up your suggestions/advice/links/info/questions and comments on any topics related to joining the military. I'll clean up the thread as needed.

2. Ranger-AO

The ASVAB

This post will be updated as needed.
    Please post your personal experience, details, links, and suggestions in this thread. :)

Study Link:Versions of the ASVAB
    1. High School version (Forms 18/19)
      • Intended for career counseling.
      • Can also be used for enlistment.
    2. Paper ASVAB (Forms 20-22)
      • The questions are different from the High School version, but are equal in difficulty.
      • The paper version is rarely given now, due to the wide availability of the computer version.
    3. CAT-ASVAB (computer administered test version of Forms 20-22)
      • See the "Taking the CAT-ASVAB" section below for more info.
    The AFQT Score
    1. AFQT stands for "Armed Forces Qualifying Test" and is used to determine whether you can join the military or not.
    2. The AFQT is a percentile score comparing your raw and weighted scores to one of two study groups.
      • An AFQT of 99 means your scores were better than 99% of your study group.
      • The highest possible AFQT score is 99. (think about it)
    3. Depending on when you took the test, a high AFQT score will be easier or harder to attain.
      • If you took your test after July 1, 2004, your scores are compared to a 1997 sample group.
      • Earlier tests were compared to a 1980 group.
      • Over the years, the average score has increased, which is what prompted the "re-norming" of the AFQT in 1997.
      • The purpose of "re-norming" was to make higher scores more difficult to attain.
    4. Your AFQT raw score is determined using a formula that is based on your weighted AR, MK, and VE scores, with different weight given to harder and easier questions. This raw score is then compared to the 1997 or 1980 test group and converted into a percentile score.
      • The AR, MK, and VE scores on your results sheet are correct answers, not weighted results, so you cannot use the scores given to you on your ASVAB results sheet to determine your AFQT score.
      • The raw AFQT is used to determine the percentile comparison that your final AFQT score reflects.
    5. Your AFQT % will place you into one of five enlistment groups:
      • Category I: > 92%
      • Category II: 65%-92%
      • Category III: 31%-64% (there are two subgroups)
      • Category IV: 10%-30% (there are three subgroups)
      • Category V: < 10%
    6. By law, no Category V candidates can join the military, and only 20% of enlistees can be from Category IV (and they must be High School graduates).
    7. The AFQT is used only to screen you for enlistment purposes. It is not used to qualify you to be trained for a specific job.
    Composite Scores
    1. Your Composite Scores are used to qualify you to be trained in a specific job (MOS/AFSC/Rating).
    2. The Composite Scores are made up of individual ASVAB sub-test scores.
    3. Each branch of the service arrives at their Composite Scores differently.
    Taking the CAT-ASVAB
    1. The Computer version of the ASVAB is administered at MEPS.
    2. There will be several computers in a room, with normal keyboards and monitors.
    3. The keyboards are configured specifically for the test
      • There will be five keys labeled "A, B, C, D, and E".
      • The spacebar will be labeled "Enter".
      • There is a red "Help" button at the top.
    4. The test is broken up into nine sub-categories:
      1. General Science (GS) - 25 questions with an 11 minute time-limit.
      2. Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) - 16 questions with a 36 minute time-limit.
      3. Word Knowledge (WK) - 35 questions with an 11 minute time-limit.
      4. Paragraph Comprehension (PC) - 15 questions with a 13 minute time-limit.
      5. Auto & Shop (AS) - 25 questions with an 11 minute time-limit.
      6. Mathematics Knowledge (MK) - 25 questions with a 24 minute time-limit.
      7. Mechanical Comprehension (MC) - 25 questions with a 19 minute time-limit.
      8. Electronics Information (EI) - 20 questions with a 9 minute time-limit.
      9. Assembling Objects (AS) - 16 questions with a 9 minute time-limit.
    5. If you spend too long on a single question, the test will lock and you will need to press the "Help" button to get the administrator to unlock it. This isn't meant to punish or embarrass you - only to ensure that you haven't died from a heart attack or seizure (j/k).
    6. You get one practice question before you begin each timed section.
    7. Once you answer a question and go on to the next one, you will not have the option to go back and review or change your answer.
    8. When you get an answer right, the computer automatically selects a more difficult question, which is worth more points.
    9. When you get a question wrong, the computer selects an easier question next, which is worth less points.
    Retesting
    1. ASVAB results are valid for two years.
    2. After taking an initial ASVAB Test, you can retake the ASVAB after 30 days.
      • An ASVAB test taken in High School doesn't count as an "initial test".
      • After the re-test, you have to wait at least six months before you can take the test again.
      • Each branch of the military has their own rules about when/if a retest can be given.
    3. Your latest ASVAB scores, not the highest, will be used for service and job qualifications.
    Sources
    Notes
    • I'll be damned if I know what the max scores for the ASVAB are, but I know my scores (link).
    • The maximum scores for the ASVAB are not the same as the maximum scores for the AFCT.
    • If someone can find a good, solid, accurate source for maximum CAT-ASVAB (computer administered test) scores, please link me to it and I'll update this post. :x:
    edit:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  3. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

So do I need to dig up al of those links on the OCS foundation sites(yes they work now after LOTS of server changes) and links for Marine OCS? I dont have em off hand anymore since I just got my laptop reformated but if you want I'll have em posted up for you to organize as you see fit by weeks end(im only online once every couple of days right now).

4. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

5. Ranger-AO

Link for latest Army enlistment bonus info:
    https://perscomnd04.army.mil/MILPERmsgs.nsf/

You'll need to be prepared to do some serious digging, and have your mil-speak dictionary handy.

edit: you need to have an active AKO account to get to the above link. :o

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

7. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

8. Skidmark Steve

Skidmark Steve New Member

Air Force: www.afforums.com

There are a lot of good people over there with decades of experience.

We even have AF Military Training Instructors that post there.

9. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

If anyone wants information on the "Blue to Green" program, feel free to pm me, or any specific questions about the MEPS process (I was a Operations NCO and later Testing NCOIC @ MEPS from 2003-2006 prior to my B2G departure).

10. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

How much money will I make? All I see are base pay charts.

Below is my Personal Statement of Military Compensation.
    In short, this is how much money I would have to earn to equal what I receive for being a married, 5 year E-5, stationed at Keesler AFB, MS.

Some of the indirect compensation can fluctuate, it is more of a variable number due to the difficulty of putting a price on fringe benefits.

Here is the entire document: http://www.mediafire.com/?9bdnx24z21f

Here is a part of the first page:

PERSONAL STATEMENT OF MILITARY COMPENSATION (2007)

This statement is intended to outline the total value of your military pay, allowances and benefits. By making your compensation more "visible," this statement could be useful when applying for credit or loans (including home loans) from businesses or lending institutions. Another possible use of this summary is to help determine whether specific civilian employment offers would let you maintain the same standard of living you had while serving in the military. Start with the Total Direct Compensation on page 1, add the Federal Tax advantage from page 2, and then add any additional expense a civilian employer would expect you to pay for health and life insurance, retirement contributions, etc. This will tell you approximately what level of civilian salary you must earn in order to maintain a similar standard of living as that provided by your military take home pay. Each section of this statement contains an explanation. However, if you have any questions, please contact your local pay office.

SUMMARY:
    A. Basic Military Compensation as of March 2007 ...................$ 42,915.36
    B.Special Pay and Bonuses ...........................................................$ 0
    C.Expense allowances ....................................................................$ 370.80
    TOTAL DIRECT COMPENSATION ............................................$ 43,286.16

Added value of indirect compensation ........................................$ 13,488.28
    Added considerations/programs (Your estimate) ......................$ 0
    TOTAL COMPENSATION ............................................................$ 56,774.44

11. seven

seven New Member

i always see threads about (here and on the main forum) how to be an officer. what is rotc, how can i become a pilot...blah blah blah. All the stuff listed is enlisting information, maybe a lil bit about commissioning should be added?

12. seven

seven New Member

:hs: that post was edited..i saw nothing earlier... also it's all about OSC/OTS, not to mention the AF site wants me to register before it gives me shred of info.

I'll do a basic FAQ right here:

How do i become an officer?
    mainly have completed or be in a 4 year college

i think that covers everything.

13. seven

seven New Member

i don't need the link, sorry for making it seem that way. I was just saying their should be a lil info posted like the stuff for the enlisted test. I don't really care, if somebody has a question they can just make a thread.

14. Ranger-AO

Excellent info about how to overcome trouble with the law when trying to join the military:
    A side note regarding the "Real Edit # 1" above: If you are going through the trouble to try to overcome problems with the law, don't be stupid enough to continue doing drugs. A late-night call telling you that you need to show up at MEPS in the morning will signal the end of anyone trying to help you get in if you test positive for anything.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  15. Fighter_Pilot

Fighter_Pilot New Member

What about misdemeanors, do they apply the same. or do they not care?

16. Ranger-AO

ARMY BASIC

============
    GENERAL INFO
    ============

... LENGTH OF TRAINING
    - If you have no previous military experience, you will go through 9 weeks of Basic Military Training.
    - If you are a prior service enlistee, you will go through 5 weeks of Warrior Transition Course.
    - Advanced Individual Training (AIT) varies according to your MOS, and is usually immediately after Basic.
    - Get used to going to bed at 2100 and waking up at 0430

... RECEPTION BATTALION
    - When you first arrive at Basic, you go to Reception.
    - The time you spend in Reception does not count for your Basic or WTC time. Reception is just reception, it does't count for anything.
    - When enough recruits arrive to build a new Company, you will be leave Reception and start Basic Training.

... THE BEST ADVICE YOU WILL EVER RECEIVE
    - Teamwork is key.
    - Pay attention to detail.
    - "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is good."

... IF YOU WANT TO BAIL OUT AND GO HOME
    - The very fastest possible way to get out of Basic Training is to graduate on time. THERE IS NO FASTER WAY.
    - No matter what you do to shortcut the process, ANY OTHER WAY will result in a much longer stay.
    - Gay? Suicidal? Addicted to drugs? Homesick? Susceptible to bones breaking at the slightest hint?
    - You will be held in an eternal limbo until well after every recruit you know has graduated and gone on to the real Army.
    - Eventually the Army will drag you through a mountain of paperwork and kick you to the curb. But it will take an amazingly long fucking time.

... ARMY PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST
    - Look up the 70% APFT mark for your age and sex. Make it your goal to consistently reach this mark before you ship to Basic.
    - If going straight to AIT from Basic you need a minimum 50% score in each event, and you must attain a minimum of 60% by end of AIT.
    - If going to your home unit from Basic you need a minimum 60% score in each event. This also applies to graduating from WTC.

... PACE COUNT
    - Spend a few days walking a measured 100 meters over flat terrain.
    - Count every other step.
    - Average your results to get your pace count.
    - Do the same over increasingly rougher terrain to determine how terrain affects your count.

... No matter what you do, DON'T GET HURT.
    - Throughout your weeks at Basic or WTC you will have multiple opportunities to break or fracture bones, tear muscles, etc.
    - Get hurt and you'll go straight to a holding company until you are fit to RESTART Basic or WTC.

============
    TO MEMORIZE
    ============

... THE ARMY RANK STRUCTURE
    Enlisted, Officer, and Warrant Officer.
    Memorize them by both sight and name.

... THE ARMY COMMAND STRUCTURE
    - SQUAD: 9 to 10 soldiers, comprised of an Alpha and Bravo team.
    - PLATOON: 16 to 44 soldiers, led by a Platoon Leader (LT), and a Platoon SGT, consisting of two to four squads.
    - COMPANY: 62 to 190 soldiers. Three to five (usually four) Platoons form a Company, commanded by a Captain and a First SGT.
    - BATTALION: 300 to 1,000 soldiers. Four to six Companies make up a Battalion.
    - BRIGADE: 3,000 to 5,000 soldiers.
    - DIVISION: 10,000 to 15,000 soldiers.
    - CORPS: 20,000 to 45,000 soldiers. Two to five divisions constitute a corps.
    - ARMY: 50,000+ soldiers, comprised of two or more Corps.

... THE THREE GENERAL ORDERS
    1. I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved.
    2. I will obey my special orders and perform all of my duties in a military manner.
    3. I will report violations of my special orders, emergencies, and anything not covered in my instructions to the commander of the relief.

... THE ARMY VALUES
    1. LOYALTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Army, your unit, and other Soldiers.
    2. DUTY: Fulfill your obligations.
    3. RESPECT: Treat people as they should be treated.
    4. SELFLESS SERVICE: Put the welfare of the Nation, the Army, and your subordinates before your own.
    5. HONOR: Live up to all the Army values.
    6. INTEGRITY: Do what is right, legally and morally.
    7. PERSONAL COURAGE: Face fear, danger, or adversity (physical or moral).

... THE SOLDIER'S CREED
    I am an American Soldier.
    I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
    I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
    I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained, and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
    I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself.
    I am an expert and I am a professional.
    I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
    I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
    I am an American Soldier.

... THE WARRIOR ETHOS
    - A warrior always places mission first.
    - A warrior never accepts defeat.
    - A warrior never quits.
    - A warrior never leaves a fallen comrade.

... TROOP LEADING PROCEDURES
    1. RECEIVE THE MISSION: Get the orders for what the unit is to do.
    2. ISSUE THE WARNING ORDER: Alert subordinates so they can begin to prepare for the mission.
    3. MAKE A TENTATIVE PLAN: Decide on a general "ball park" plan.
    4. INITIATE NECESSARY MOVEMENT: Start troops toward the location where the action is to take place.
    5. CONDUCT RECONNAISSANCE: A continual process during the TLP that is conducted to confirm or adjust tentative plan.
    6. COMPLETE THE PLAN: Adjust the tentative plan to fill in the specific details of the mission.
    7. ISSUE THE COMPLETE ORDER: Explain the plan to subordinates and check for understanding.
    8. SUPERVISE: Continuously checks on the action taking place and make necessary adjustments.

... FIVE PARAGRAPHS OF AN OP ORDER
    1. SITUATION
    2. MISSION
    3. EXECUTION
    4. SERVICE & SUPPORT
    5. COMMAND AND SIGNAL

... TTP
    - TRAINING
    - TACTICS
    - PROCEDURES

... METT-TC
    - Mission
    - Enemy
    - Terrain and weather (see OCOKA)
    - Troops and support available
    - Time available
    - Civilian considerations

... OCOKA
    - OBSERVATION and fields of fire
    - COVER and concealment
    - OBSTACLES
    - KEY terrain
    - AVENUES of Approach

... PERFORM A FUNCTIONS CHECK ON AN M16
    1. Place the selector lever on safe.
    - If the selector switch will not go on safe, pull the charging handle to the rear and release.
    - Place the selector lever on safe.
    - Pull the trigger to the rear, the hammer should not fall. Release the trigger.
    2. Place the selector lever on semi.
    - Pull the trigger to the rear AND HOLD.
    - The hammer should fall. Release the trigger.
    - WHILE HOLDING the trigger to the rear, pull the charging handle to the rear and release.
    - Release the trigger and pull it to the rear again.
    3. Place the selector lever on burst.
    - Pull the charging handle to the rear and release.
    - Pull the trigger to the rear AND HOLD.
    - The hammer should fall.
    - While holding the trigger to the rear, pull the charging handle to the rear three times and release.
    - Release the trigger and pull it to the rear again.

... WEAPONS CLEARING PROCEDURE (M16)
    - Point the muzzle in a designated SAFE DIRECTION. Attempt to place selector lever on SAFE. If weapon is not cocked, lever cannot be placed on SAFE.
    - Remove the magazine by depressing the magazine catch button and pulling the magazine down.
    - Lock the bolt open by pulling the charging handle rearward, pressing the bottom of bolt catch, and allow bolt to move forward until it engages bolt catch. Return charging handle to full forward position. If you have not done so before, place the selector lever on SAFE.
    - Visually inspect the receiver and chamber to ensure these areas contain no ammo.
    - With the selector lever on SAFE, allow the bolt to go forward by pressing the upper portion of the bolt catch.
    - Place the selector lever on SEMI and squeeze the trigger.
    - Pull the charging handle fully rearward and release it, allowing the bolt to return to the full forward position.
    - Place the selector lever on SAFE.
    - Close the ejection port cover.

... IMMEDIATE ACTION FOR M16 MALFUNCTION (SPORTS):
    - SLAP the magazine.
    - PULL the charging handle to the rear.
    - OBSERVE the chamber for brass/ammo.
    - RELEASE the charging handle.
    - TAP the forward assist.
    - SHOOT

... REMEDIAL ACTION FOR M16 MALFUNCTION
    - Try to place the weapon on safe.
    - Remove the magazine.
    - Lock the bolt to the rear.
    - Place the weapon on safe if not already done.

... THE SALUTE REPORT (enemy sighting/contact)
    - Size: Size of the enemy element.
    - Activity: What are they doing, where and how fast are they moving?
    - Unit/Uniform: The enemy unit or uniform.
    - Time: DTG of observation.
    - Equipment: What equipment do they have?

... THE 9-LINE MEDEVAC REQUEST
    Line 1. Location of the pick-up site.
    Line 2. Radio frequency, call sign, and suffix.
    Line 3. Number of patients by precedence:
    A - Urgent
    B - Urgent Surgical
    C - Priority
    D - Routine
    E - Convenience
    Line 4. Special equipment required:
    A - None
    B - Hoist
    C - Extraction equipment
    D - Ventilator
    Line 5. Number of patients:
    A - Litter
    B - Ambulatory
    Line 6. Security at pick-up site*:
    N - No enemy troops in area
    P - Possible enemy troops in area (approach with caution)
    E - Enemy troops in area (approach with caution)
    X - Enemy troops in area (armed escort required)
    * In peacetime - number and types of wounds, injuries, and illnesses
    Line 7. Method of marking pick-up site:
    A - Panels
    B - Pyrotechnic signal
    C - Smoke signal
    D - None
    E - Other
    Line 8. Patient nationality and status:
    A - US Military
    B - US Civilian
    C - Non-US Military
    D - Non-US Civilian
    E - EPW
    Line 9. NBC Contamination*:
    N - Nuclear
    B - Biological
    C - Chemical
    * In peacetime - terrain description of pick-up site
    EXAMPLE*:
    Line 1: "YANKEE QUEBEC 2 7 6 7 6, 2 2 5 0 1 break" [Your 10-digit grid coordinates - if you were in Danville]
    Line 2: "26000 IRON CLAW 3 1 break" [Your radio freq and your radio call sign]
    Line 3: "Bravo 2, Charlie 3 break" [you have two urgent surgical patients and three priority patients]
    Line 4: "Delta" [You need one ventilator]
    Line 5: "Lima 3 break Alpha 2 break" [You have three casualties that can't walk, and two that can walk]
    "How Copy, Over?" [At this point THEY will repeat what you gave them, word-for-word. It is up to YOU to provide the next 4 lines to the responding evac team as you are able, OR you can provide all 9 lines without stopping.]
    * You can include the words "Line 1" etc in your transmission, but it isn't required.

... THE 9-line IED/UXO Report
    Line 1: Date-Time Group when discovered: (Local or Zulu time, dictated by Command policy. Format: DAY TIME MONTH YEAR).
    Line 2: Reporting Activity (Unit designation). Location: 8 digit grid: (include: landmarks, reference points, or street addresses).
    Line 3: Contact Method: Radio Freq and Call Sign, or Satphone Number.
    Line 4: Type of Munition: (Dropped, Projected, Placed, or Thrown).
    Line 5: NBC Contamination: Yes or No, known or suspected NBC Contamination. If yes, report type of agent if known / identified.
    Line 6: Resources Threatened: (What resource is threatened - is it a critical asset?).
    Line 7: Impact on Mission: (How the UXO is affecting the mission - delayed, stopped, rerouted, etc).
    Line 8: Protective Measures Taken: (Unit emplaced protective measures - cordon, etc).
    Line 9: Recommended Priority: (Immediate, Indirect, Minor, or No Threat).

... THE 5 S's of ENEMY PRISONERS of WAR
    SEARCH for any weapons or intel.
    SEGREGATE from crowds and (if possible) other EPW.
    SILENCE them from talking to anyone.
    SAFEGUARD from wounds, abuse or danger.
    SPEED to the rear.

... LAND NAV
    - Map reading
    - Grid Coordinates (6-10 digit)
    - Terrain types
    - Compass reading

... THE 12 BATTLE DRILLS:
    - React to contact: (visual, IED, and direct fire [includes RPG])
    - React to indirect fire
    - React to chemical attack
    - Break contact
    - Dismount a vehicle
    - React to ambush (near)
    - React to ambush (far)
    - Evacuate a casualty (dismounted and mounted)
    - Establish security at a halt
    - Checkpoint entry operations
    - Vehicle Roll-Over Drill
    - Enter and clear a Room

... THE ARMY SONG

============
    FOR WTC ONLY
    ============

... THE NCO CREED
    - No one is more professional than I. I am a Noncommissioned Officer, a leader of soldiers. As a Noncommissioned Officer, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of the Army". I am proud of the Corps of Noncommissioned Officers and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the Military Service and my country regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit, or personal safety.
    - Competence is my watchword. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind -- accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I will strive to remain technically and tactically proficient. I am aware of my role as a Noncommissioned Officer. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership. I know my soldiers and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my soldiers and never leave them uninformed. I will be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment.
    - Officers of my unit will have maximum time to accomplish their duties; they will not have to accomplish mine. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my soldiers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; seniors, peers, and subordinates alike. I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the absence of orders. I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Noncommissioned Officers, leaders!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  17. LaFinduMonde

LaFinduMonde New Member

is there going to be a "Marine's Basic" post?

18. Ranger-AO

19. LaFinduMonde

LaFinduMonde New Member

I guess I'll just keep checking back until it materializes.

20. Hypnos_VI

Hypnos_VI JENGA!

Great info in here. What about an outline of AF basic since it is quite different from What I hear. Pretty easy to guess what they do for warrior week, but what about the rest?

21. cbs_24

cbs_24 OT Supporter

check out about.com or afforums.com

they both have a ton of info.

22. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

For national guard and reservist
    maybe a quick guide on the roles certain levels on the chain play. I know you can find out what unit you will be in prior to signing any papers, it would be smart to knoe the difference from the brigade,batallion, and company level.
    such as..
    Brigade is a bunch of brass and desks and lower enlisted = drivers
    company has more nco's / lower enlisted that do more work

23. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I want to join, but my GF/Fiance/Slam Pig doesn't want me to.

So you want to join up and become part of the world's greatest fighting force but you have a ball and chain with makeup?

No worries!

Dump her.

Seriously.

Anyone who you have a personal relationship with and holds you back, does not have your interests in mind.

24. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

Control your alcohol. Have fun and party it up but always be the responsible one.
    If you have to think twice about it then it is probably a situation you should avoid.
    Never be "that" guy.
    Don't fuck that fat chick. Let someone else p0rk her and take pictures/forward said pictures to everyone you know.
    For army/marine guys do PT every chance you get. You will gain rank quicker w/ better PT score.
    Take any cool guy school they throw at you.
    Do not ever wear tapout/affliction clothing. Also do not wear anything military w/ civilian clothes.
    Don't be a barracks rat. Find a hobby and get into it.
    Don't attempt to be a spotlighter. Your peers will fucking hate you for it.
    If your going to reup do it overseas. You will receive a tax free bonus.
    Again control your fucking alcohol. It really can be a career ender.

25. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

Some info about Nuke School I wrote up for someone here a while back.

If anyone is thinking about being a Nuke, feel free to PM me and ask me anything.