SRS New job means new life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chucklenut, Aug 2, 2007.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

i just got a great new job for a 17 year old and it isnt even more than a 15 minute bike ride from my place of living (but all last week i had to ride 5+ miles to the training centers)

i know the man who hired me through a friend. he is aware of my lifestyle and told me that i have one chance to fix all the shit ive gotten myself into or he will not keep me around and give the store a bad image.

this job rly could be a future for me but i know that if i want to quit g and the white chick i havta ditch the people who do it too......and thats a large portion of my friends.

whats the best way to go about this? im 100% ready, finally, to change now. i just need to know if theres any good way to go about it without hurting people's feelings. no matter what i will ditch the junkheads, i just hope i hear the best way to do it :hsd:

2. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

I have no clue what G is...

You have made three of the best steps so far. You admitted you have a problem and it needs to be fixed, you are willing to fix it, and you have something to consume your time that is better than your problem. It is now a matter of will power for you to stay on this path. I would just tell my friends what I was doing, if they weren't supportive (which drug users seldom are) I would leave them. They aren't real friends anyway. Hangout with people from work.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Just be busy. No big break up speeches, no "hey I must quit doing g or else so don't offer me any" kind of talk, just find other things to keep you busy and don't hang with these people anymore.

At first changes like this are VERY difficult because there isn't anyone to fill the hole left by those other friends...but eventually you'll find some new friends and start rolling again.

Anyone can be committed when it's easy. The challenges come when you're tired and lonely or had a bad day.

4. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

What's G?

5. Coottie

lol I wondered the same....just figured it ment ganja (sp?) a/k/a pot. I dunno tho.

6. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

G is short for Glass. Glass is slang for Meth.

7. teo

teo . => ? => !

If your drug-using friends don't respect your choice to get/stay clean (regardless of why you choose to), they're not true friends and you don't need them. Sounds cliche, but it's true. Fill your time with other activities. Don't put yourself into situations where you'll be enticed to get back into the old lifestyle.

8. Coottie

damn....to the OP get the fuck away from that shit. It'll fuck your life up bad.

9. tidalxwave

tidalxwave WWKD? OT Supporter

easier said than done. tough just to drop all your close friends you've known for years and ditch them for new ones that you may not possibly find or click with that well. for a compromising solution, the part i agree with is, getting other activities, like in your case a job that takes up time that minimizes the time you spend doing drugs. or playing rec sports or just something else.

10. miek

miek New Member

ie losing your job. If you have a good job at 17, you're ahead of the game man. Don't let shit like that screw you over, look down the road, long term.