New iPod Nano issue...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 5SpeedSER, Aug 8, 2006.

1. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

Well i attempted to discuss my issue with apple via the phone, however the tech did not help what so ever. This ipod is not even a week old, and has not been out of the box until now...

I start adding my music, no problem and the ipod seems fine. I eject once its done and go to use it, and i notice the first half of my songs play just fine, then the second half just skip through each song in the album quickly... followed by the ipod reseting its self. Ok, i give it another whirrle with a few diffrent songs figuring it may have been the mp3 files... same thing.

After fooling with this for a few hours i get no where, so i reset the thing with the ipod updater back to stock condition. Try it from the beginning again. No avail... same effect as last time. I tried a few more times and now anytime i get up to ~1.20gig worth of music (its a 2gig nano) on it, it seems to get corrupt some how. The songs seem fine while the ipod is connected to the computer, however once the ipod is ejected and i go to play the music there is none listed on my ipod.... WTF. Plug it back in, i get an error from itunes saying i need to reset teh ipod with ipod updater because of a error reading it. i pull up the ipod updater, and it says 1.25 of 2 gigs are in use...hmmm.

Regardless of what computer (pc or mac), what mp3s i use it seems to do this. If i keep it under 1gig or so i have no problem it seems.

Any ideas... and yes i need to get an AV soon i know

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Do you have an Apple store anywhere near you? If so, just take it in. They possibly will replace it on the spot if it really looks to have taken a shit.

3. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

Sadly i dont :(

4. robwormald

robwormald New Member

5. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

ahh apple care to the rescue.... gave 'em a call today and they figured it out.

6. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

what was the problem?

7. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

the memory may be bad.... we'll see. though the lady that helped me was awesome.... should have a package for service in a day or two.

kinda sucks though, i purchased this ipod last week with my new macbook, and first time i use it, it turns out its bad. too bad.

atleast my new macbook works (damn 1.2ghz ibook died two weeks ago)!

8. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Sorry to hear mang. But as much as most of us love apple, the fact that remains is that they are still electronics and can easily be capable of failing. Glad to see AC is still on track for helping out all their customers. :cool: