New iphone...now...or wait?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jebus, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Jebus

Jebus Guest

So I KNOW the OS 4.0 is coming out the 27th
    and i KNOW they USUALLY release a new model every year around may/june/july. the question is....are they going to release a new model this year? with the 3gs and the 3g being so similar, is there really a market to make a new one and release it?

and if they do....how different could it be?
    all sources point to newer camera being the biggest difference with a 62GB version as well.

or is it just sit and wait...see the itablet, see the OS, and then wait....:noes:

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

i'm glad that you know things like 4.0 is coming out on the 27th... because nobody outside of apple really knows for sure...yes there will probably be some kind of new phone one at some point this year - but as always no one knows until it's upon us. I am keen to see what happens on the 27th.. here are some pictures to provoke you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    microsoft's courier tablet concept - i love the dual screen foldable design - and the very iphone inspired concept ui too.

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I'd wait. Would suck to buy a new phone now and find out that you don't get the upgrade pricing when they new phone comes out like 3G users found when the 3GS came out.

4. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

. That was some bullshit.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Damn it.... I was thinking about getting a 3GS on the 27th when my Verizon contract expires. Wonder when Apple will bring the new phones out (if there are any) :hs:

6. Pepe

Pepe New Member

i would wait, but then again i wouldn't let price stop me from getting a newly released iPhone either

7. Jebus

Jebus Guest

For sure?
    no
    about 99.99% sure
    unless steve himself pulls an act of god and gets ride of over 1/2 his presentation scheduled for the 27th.

I have my connections from my past career, but none of them know about the hardware coming for sure. heard yes, heard no, so I didn't know if any of you had any ideas as I am not a mac addict just yet. I don't have enough bandwidth to frequent all the blogs :wtc:

8. Jebus

Jebus Guest

I was thinking the same thing. Full retail they aren't too much, so why not just get one after the 27th? they hold value pretty well, I can unlock and jailbreak and sell it for a good value as well. shouldn't be too hard.

I will wait til the 27th to see what the software brings, but more than likely I will be buying one soon.

now....ATT's network...... horafuckingble comes to mind :(

9. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

4.0 will happen, will it happen on the 27th? its likely.. but no, you don't know.

10. Jebus

Jebus Guest

really:ugh2:

douchebag:greddy:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
  11. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

homo

12. Uween

Uween New Member

Id really like to know how bad the network with AT&T is.....my gf has AT&T, but not the iphone and she loves the service....I hear rumors about it coming to VZW, but pricing is the problem.....my contract is up in june or july about the same time they put out a new iphone and i was thinking about moving to AT&T, but not if they move to VZW...I have wanted the iphone for a long time now and i have been with VZW for about 5 years now...I guess if they more to VZW i will stay and if they dont i will be moving to AT&T i guess......I guess we may hear something on the 27th or later i guess.......

13. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

i asked a guy at verizon if the iphone was going to coming to them soon and he just laughed at me and said, "dont hold your breath."

14. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

15. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I concur.

16. verbal

verbal Active Member

They're presenting OS 4.0 on the 27th but I'd put half my savings on it not being out on that date.

What happened with OS 3.0? It was announced in January and they said it'd be available in June. June comes around and they announce the 3GS and that OS 3.0 is available now.

17. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Exactly. Gotta give developers time to update stuff and take advantage of the new features. Additionally they have to announce the phones ahead of time since they do their FCC filings after the announcement of a new phone so that the filings (which must be done before the phone goes into production) would give away the know before it was announced. Sadly for that reason too we won't see a phone become available the same day they announce it.

18. BlazinBlazer Guy

OK so... if OS 4.0 comes out, existing iPhones can be updated/upgraded to it, correct?

19. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

[​IMG]

20. Pepe

Pepe New Member

rumor us firmware 4.0 will only be available to 3g and 3gs models

21. BlazinBlazer Guy

Which is fine.... I'm looking at getting a 3GS next week. If an updated phone won't be out until June, I don't see any reason to wait 5 months for it when I can update to the 4.0 firmware regardless.

Plus, depending on how things work out I could upgrade to the 4.0 firmware, jailbreak/unlock the phone, and sell it when the new hardware comes out (assuming it will be significant enough to justify upgrading from the 3GS) and have it not cost all that much more.

22. verbal

verbal Active Member

Good luck with that.