TAT New Ink: Stage 2

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by CrudeGT, Dec 30, 2005.

1. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

I like it a hell of a lot better now. Here's the pic of just the outline:

[​IMG]

And here is stage 2

[​IMG]

I'll have better pics on my myspace page shortly.

www.myspace.com/hex0811

I'm having the artist start to get ideas together for the full sleeve. probably get started on that when i get back on Okinawa, Japan.

2. joy division

joy division New Member

why is it taking so long?? Shading couldn't of taken more an hour, probably could've done outline and shading in one sitting :dunno:

adding some color next?

3. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

looks good, did you get that in Okinawa?

4. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

got it done in Salt Lake.

The reason it's taking so long is money. the first place i went to was near my base, in 29 palms, Ca. I paid way too much for the outline and was not happy with it. I had to wait until i came back home for the holidays, got money after presents and shit. and find a good artist.

i'm not a fan of color that much. I like the look of black and white much better

i am going to stick with the same artist, which means I need to wait until after my deployment to get the sleeve started.

my next goal is to get a tattoo done in the traditional japanese style while I am over there.

5. BillyJackNCoke

I'm wanting to get some work done while I'm here in Okinawa but I'm leaving in 5 months so I doubt it'd be worth it, I might just get something small here soon just to have something to remember this tour by

6. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

what base are you at? i'm not sure where I'm going yet, I'm hearing hansen, but nothing is certain.

7. BillyJackNCoke

I'm at Kadena

8. MonkMonk

MonkMonk New Member

looks good to me :)

9. owenstar

owenstar New Member

who did the work in SLC??

I can recommend someone here in Utah if you need any work

10. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

the detail was done by Wee (wendy) at IronClad. I went to Lost Art, for my other 2. But my artist had moved on (kent). So, Wee got recommended by a good friend. Problem is I'm only in salt lake until the end on the week. than I go back to base in 29palms, and I don't trust any of the artists around there, they fucked up the outline. Then I go to japan for 6 months. So a recommendation would be nice, but i wouldn't be able to use it until, as the earliest, next fall.

11. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

this as done at a place called Darkside Tattoos, artist was Brandon. First thing I noticed was that the was started to irritated that i had him change the design 3 or 4 times before it went on the transfer. Sorry, but if it's going on my body, I'm gonna like what it looks like. The experience of getting inked was not bad, but I feel $120 for that outline was more than I should have paid, especially when the lines are different widths in places. There are places where the lines are wavy, and the little bits of detail he tried tp put in makes no sense and had to be covered up by the new artist. And he wanted $250 for the detail work, which I got done for $160.

12. owenstar

owenstar New Member

Micah's twisted tattoo in layton is the best place...I have 2 from them...(1 is a half sleeve)...between myself and friends we probably have 30 tattoos from the place..

Their price is fair and usually less than most shops...and you know its clean, its owned by a woman