New home theater setup

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by scroowielouie, Nov 10, 2006.

1. scroowielouie

scroowielouie say what?

Ok so I have a macbook right now, I am looking to setup my Home theater with it. I dont have the money to get a mini, but if i manage to scramble up some i would like to purchase one. Right now i am just using the mini-dvi out, with an S-video connected to my TV, and i am connecting an optical audio wire to the jack on my macbok. I am planning on getting an Elgato eyetv 250 soon. I am wondering, would it be worth it to get something like an M-Audio Transit ( http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Transit-main.html ) to use for better sound quality? And is there anyway for me to get a better video quality rather than the simple mini-dvi out? I am in my college dorm right now so my TV only has S-video in, my TV at home is HDTV so I will have to work around that also.

Thanks !

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

If you're just sending your digital output to a receiver then getting the M-audio device won't do you any good. You won't get vid quality than s-video through your dvi port unless you get a TV that accepts a DVI connection.