GUN New HatCam aka ARIPOV: USPSA 2-8-09

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Feb 9, 2009.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

Okay, formatted my disk before recording this time and I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out. I also threw some music on there, don't know how much I like it, as I've always been the type to not like music in shooting videos, let me know what you guys think.

[y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pqoNsdRmZc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pqoNsdRmZc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/y]

I had a gun pointed at me that day, luckily it was unloaded, but I sent the guy packing and DQ'd his ass. He actually swept the entire range. He was cool, was totally apologizing. Kinda freaky, but at least his finger was off the trigger. I was in shock with what I saw, straight up 360 with the gun in his hand. Old school accomplished shooter too, so I was a bit surprised.

Anyhoo

2. I like the vids more without music. Who was it that you DQ'd? Also, are you shooting Marysville this weekend?

EDIT: I just looked at the match results on the USPSA site. There were 3 DQs yesterday. Do you know how they all happened? Was it a tricky stage or something?

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

I don't know if you know him. It was Kevin O. He got DQ'd at the last stage of my video. While entering into one of the lanes, his mag pouch got caught on the fence and he did a 360. Pointed the gun rite at me and Cel. I couldn't believe what I saw.

4. Damn. Glad nobody was hurt.

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Not bad. I think you have the camera pointed a little low. I try to get the gun in the bottom 2/3rds of the frame. It then shows the target a little better from most angles.

I had a special ball cap with a re-enforced bill that would not bounce as much as I ran. I also built up the front end of the camera to get a higher angle. I use the music to hide a lot of the garbage noise. Such as wind noise and the whoosh sound while running. Maybe it's a So Cal thing but it is generally windy at our ranges.

6. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

I need to get my ass into this. That looks like way too much fun.

what song is that? :mamoru: I needs to know

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

I like music, but most people don't like "my" kinda music even though I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. As I know you know, you've caught flak for.

I had the old stand by " Prodigy - Slap my bitch up " song on there which I really liked, but youtube was being gay and muted my video because of some copyrite BS.

You guys have some pretty dope ranges, with big field course type layouts, and it's usually out in the desert somewhere so I can see how the wind can be a problem. We shoot in area's usually surrounded by tree's.

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

Common - Universal Mind Control

9. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Song doesn't really fit the vid, but good vid.

10. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

:bigthumb:

11. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

God damn those shots are fast. Reminds me that I really, REALLY need to get into this when I get some time, for some good practice.

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

Practice what? This is practice. To me, club matches are just a step up from dry fire or bringing a bucket of bullets to the range.

Mostly guys either working on their game or just out there having fun.

Shooting competitions is like sex, you don't need to prepare for it, you just whip it out and go for broke. lol

13. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

fuckin ari, you're getting fast man.

14. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Yea. My point is, that looks like good pratice. :bowdown:

15. AB13

AB13 New Member

ahh, okay, gotcha. I just tend to hear something along those lines a lot from folks wanting to get into shooting matches.

You cannnnnnn dooooooo eeeeeeeet!