GUN New handgun PICS & range report

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Katsumoto, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Well I ended up going with the least popular option from the poll I did a while back. A Kahr K9. It had the best ergonomics by far for me, while still being the most concealable. I ordered it from Budsgunshop, and was very happy with thier service.

Anyways, according to Kahr you need to shoot 200 round to break it in and make sure it's reliable. I cleaned it, then shot 250 rounds of crap aluminum cased blazer, and also some UMC. No malfunctions so far, and it shot excellent. Still trying to get used to the trigger pull & reset though. Even for a 9, the recoil was very low. My wife shot it much better than my other guns too, it stayed very level. Disassembly & reassembly is more of a pain than my other guns, but not that bad I guess.

I picked up a Galco summer comfort IWB, and some Gold Dots. I'll be trying those this week to make sure they run through fine. Then full time concealed carry ftw.

[​IMG]

For reference w/ Glock 22 & Astra A100
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

Looks nice. I hear really mixed opinions on Kahr's, so it will be interesting to see how you like over the long term.

I expected it to look smaller compared to the Glock 22.

If it ran well with UMC that is a good sign. I think UMC is the shittiest bulk-pack ammuntion on the market.

3. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

22x30 jeans? Have trouble finding pants?

4. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

That's 32x30, I'm skinny but not that skinny.

5. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Yeah I heard about some issues with the early polymer guns, but heard pretty much all good about the all steel versions. 2 guys I know are range instructors/glock armorers, one has a K40 that he carries as backup and undercover, and the other got a K9 for his wife years ago & didn't have any problems with it.

It's actually alot smaller & much slimmer.

I've never tried UMC before, I just realized Walmart had a box of 250 for like 40 bucks, so it was worth a try. Normally I just get american eagle.

6. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

My dad bought a PM9 a few months back. It wasn't as great as he expected, and I certainly wouldn't have spent the money he had on it. He is thinking of a K9, which seems like the right choice.

7. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Wanna see my Kahrface??? :fawk:

Actually those are kinda neat.