new guy

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Epiphany, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Since January I've had this guy trying to get me to go out with him. I heard after half the night was over he was a wild child. I am more laid back. I met him on new years and I really liked him. He seemed really mello and super sweet but people told me we wouldn't mesh very well based on the fact that he was always doing crazy things I wouldn't be ok with. I backed off that night and everytime I've seen him he's tried to get me to go out with him.

I've heard over the last year that he talked about me all the time. People told me that they noticed he had seemed to clean up his act. He wasn't drinking as much... if at all. I also heard that this was because he really liked me and didn't like the fact that I heard negative things about him from his own friends. I was finally encouraged to give him a chance. He apologized for not trying to get ahold of me sooner but he was tryng to clean up his act before he got involved with me.

I ended up planning to go out with him two weeks ago. He cancelled saying that they ended up making him work both days we had planned to maybe go and that he had a friend coming in town to stay with him for a wedding that weekend and that he wanted to go out. I was actually really looking forward to it and really disappointed.

I went to work the next day I worked (Tuesday last week) and he sent me flowers asking me to go to dinner with him that night at one of the most expensive restaurants in town. Obviously I went and I had a great time. He spent $120 on dinner and was still trying to get me to eat dessert. We talked non stop. It was really comfortable. He made a lot of comments about the future which seemed as though he really wanted me included in it. I told him about a vacation I had coming up with no where to go and he said maybe we could go somewhere together. So it sounded as if he wanted a serious relationship but I want to make sure everything doesn't move too fast and he's acting his age now before I get to wrapped up in it.

We hung out Friday night till pretty late. Rented movies. First time we kissed. He kept brushing the side of my face when we kissed so I figured that was a good sign. When he left I told him to call me. I left it open not giving a timeline so he wouldn't feel pressured... he called me the next evening..(yesterday). I was on my way out of town to visit my mom. Not that far, but was coming back home at a decent hour. He asked me if I'd like to come see him when I got home and I said yes and that I'd call him when I got back in town.

I called on the way back...talked to him for about 5 minutes. He was at a friends and asked me to talk to his sister cause he was in the middle of something. But then decided he'd call me right back and I haven't heard from him since. I'm seriously confused, and in a way I'm a little irritated...because blowing people off is one of my hugest pet peeves in the whole world, no matter who it is. Especially since all this is just starting I'd think he would know better. I really like being with him. I figured if he didn't like being with me he wouldn't have called so soon or even asked me to see him last night even though it didn't happen but being blown off is not something I want to turn into a habit... How do you confront that without trying to seem bitchy about it?

cliffs: Went out this week a couple times with a great guy. He's been trying to date me for awhile. Had an awesome time. He called me last night and asked to see me. Called him when I got back in town and he told me he'd call right back. Haven't heard from him since. I'm not saying at this point this is a deal breaker yet but it's not something I'm willing to put up with. Do I deal with this now or later?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  2. page

page New Member

It's possible an emergency came up and he hasn't been able to get back with you yet.

I wouldn't totally write it off- but let him know that it wasn't the smartest thing for him to do.

3. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Hell. I give him props for trying more than once. I can count with one hadn how many girls I 've asked twice. And I have never asked anyone three times.Begging is for losers. So I would guess he really does like u if he tried that many times.

4. krondo

krondo New Member

i don't even need a finger ;)

5. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

Wow, that's not good. Saying one thing and doing another is an automatic disqualification, unless you've got a damn good reason. I can't think of a single reason that would warrant not being able to call someone real quick and at least letting him/her know what's going on, short of hospitalization.

6. purplebeast

What can I say. Once in a blue moon you just meet someone fucking awsome. And you think they are worth another shot. Particulary if after you asked them out, you realize ur timing just sucked cuz she was pre-ocupied with some other important personal or professional matters.

7. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

nvm

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  8. Epiphany

He's definately worth another shot. I didn't get with him because he had a lot of growing up to do and the thing is I just don't believe in getting with someone and expecting them to change any part of who they are. He's 27 now and had previously been thrown in jail for ordering a round of drinks for everyone in a bar and not having money to pay for it. I guess he used to do crap like that all the time. They also said he had a drinking problem... so i think that qualifies as a good reason to be hesitant, wouldn't you?

If they change on their own... great. I didn't ask him to change any part of who he is and at least he wouldn't be able to throw that in my face. He did it on his own... and thats why I gave him a chance. If I'm worth it to him then possibly he showed me that much as long as he doesn't start pulling shit like this all the time...

That kind of crap is just disrespectful and immature. I've dropped friends for blowing me off. I don't take it from family and I'm not about to take it from anyone else.

In anycase he finally sent me a text saying hi later the night I posted this. I just said "Hey cutie, you didn't call me back like you said you were going to last night :("

He said, "No excuse, but will you let me make it up to you?"

I said, "I definately will but I need to let you know that is one of my hugest pet peeves."

He said, "what is?"

...kinda scary.

He kept asking me what I meant by my pet peeve and I told him it was cool and we'd just talk about it later. I don't feel like a text is a good way to discuss it but he told me after all that that he's crazy about me and he wants to see me more. In fact he said, "you're addictive, so help me god" which I didn't get what that meant since all we've done is kissed. :mamoru: But he said it was a compliment.

9. krondo

krondo New Member

haha in the sense that he didn't know what a pet peeve was and he's 27, i'm not so sure i'd be able to date him if i was you (it hints to me that he probably couldn't even hold a conversation but i don't the guy personally)

10. purplebeast

Cut the guy some slack. Maybe he has ESL? Im 24 , pretty smart and once in a while I run into some words that I dont know.

11. Epiphany

No... he knows what a pet peeve is... he just didn't catch what I meant mine was... and to be honest if anything he talks NON STOP. Holding a conversation is definately no problem.

12. afterShock81

afterShock81 If I could only have one food for the rest of my l

Maybe he was/is just playin a lil hard to get, since you blew him off last year.

13. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

youre gonna seem "bitchy" no matter what when you ask him about this matter. but with no communication and not clearing things up is not good either. either be bitchy or have good communication.:bigthumb:

14. Epiphany

Ok... so things have been going ...decent...

I've talked to him every day. He starts texting me first thing in the morning every morning before I go to work and we text frequently throughout the day. Then one of us will call the other when we get off work but it's starting to bug me because he never seems to really want to see me much. We don't really work late. I've made it clear to him that I'd like to see him. He's said that he wants to see me more even before I made that clear to him. It's just odd with as much as he talks to me and flirts with me and talks about the future, that he doesn't seem to be interested in having me over, going out...coming over, ect...

He says he wants to but doesn't take advantage of the time. In fact he cancelled again last night and stayed home. Said he didn't feel like doing anything and he needed to clean and do laundry.

I'm thoroughly confused... how do you like someone and not want to see them?

In three weeks... I've seen him three times... granted the third time was thursday but it just doesn't seem like we are progressing at all... I don't by any means need to see him every day... I'd just like to see him more. He makes comments about this being long term and like he wants this to go somewhere but he just doesn't seem interested in seeing me.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005