GUN New gun

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BrianFantana, Jun 12, 2007.

1. BrianFantana

BrianFantana Active Member

Well I've been shooting every few weeks for the past year now and currently have 2 guns, the Walther P22 and a marlin .22 rifle scoped. I was thinking about getting a gun to step up the caliber sometime soon, but I'm not quite sure what would be a good start into the centerfire field. I really like the Walther, so I was thinking maybe a P99 or something like that? Thanks.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have 2 P99's, .40 and 9mm. Don't have any complaints about them really, well mag prices compared to my glocks piss me off but otherwise I love mine. .40 was my every day carry gun for a few years. Have you handled any yet? If it feels good in your hand go for it you wont regret it.

3. BrianFantana

Nah, I haven't handled one yet, I'm still looking for a range around here that has one. The P22 is a little small for my monster hands but I like the actual feel of it, so I'd think the P99 would be slightly bigger.

4. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

I love my Beretta 92F

I also got a Rossi 6" 357 that I fired first time last night.

If you are looking for a larger cal rifle - get yourself a AK-47 WASR. You can get it for like $300 and its fairly cheap to shoot. Got one of those last week my self and love it.

5. Morelli

Morelli New Member

I have a Smith SW99 in .40. Same as the P99 basically. Great gun, ergonomically perfect as far as I am concerned...nice to shoot.

6. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i really like my Sig 229R in 9mm. only paid $500 shipped for it so you can definitely find good deals on them despite them usually being expensive.

7. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

imo u may wanna start out with a lil less expensive piece, maybe the taurus millennium series in a 40 or 9, my pops just got the 40 and likes it. or if you want larger try a 24/7 series. usually reasonably priced and good starter gun. I had my 92 af for 10 yrs and never had any problems.

8. BrianFantana

Yeah, I too like the feel of the 92F.

Never really shot an AK before, shot a few rounds out of one once but that's about it.

9. soccaian

soccaian New Member

my old roommate had a P99QA in 9mm and i absolutely loved it. but i love my P228 more