GUN New glass on my Kadet

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, Mar 15, 2009.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Finally got away from school and work duties (spring break here), and got to work on some projects I've had going forever.

I've had my Kadet kit for awhile now, and while awesome, I've been wanting to turn it into a mini open-class monster. First big hurdle was to find a way to melt a mini-dot into the slide, which was something that everyone told me couldn't be done, or probably could be done but they didn't want to do it. So I did it myself (with some help from a really talented friend). I think it turned out well, and will be shooting the fuck out of it tomorrow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics to show the actual machine work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little tab fits the remaining part of the factory dovetail, and provides extra support for the mount. The actual sight itself (a FastFire) has been notched at the bottom to allow it to fit over the CZ top rib, providing something of a "puzzle fit". Shit's pretty tight, and seems to go back into place exactly; we'll see how it holds zero after taking it off and on.

Up next are some 20+ rd mags, a magwell, and maybe a threaded barrel + comp/can. Shit's fun.

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Hell yeah dude! That thing looks sick.

3. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

nice job man. post that up on czforums, everyone will be jealous and want to do it, now :rofl:

4. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I wish my P22 didn't have such a junk ass slide. I'd love to go nuts on it with a milling machine.

Looks good!

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

iteresting slide racker knobs. Does it interfer with your thumb when you go for the gun in a holster.

I like the dot mount, good job.

6. jls

jls New Member

looks good man

7. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

To be honest, I don't have a ton of time drawing it from a holster. I would eventually like to have a Ghost setup for it (which would also work on an open gun) to use on steel and such.

Brought my Bladetech out today though when I shot it to try it out, and it didn't seem to give me any trouble. I can definitely feel it there, but it didn't get in the way of my thumbs any. It really doesn't stick out very far. It's only drilled and tapped in there, so if it sucks I'll lose the right side knob, and do something different.

Consensus is..... It rocks. Excellent return to zero capabilities. Took it off twice and remounted it, and only noticed a very slight change the last time I did (I also tightened up the screws in a different order that time, so who knows). Second time was just a touch low. No wonder you guys are moving to open, shooting with a dot is a ton of fun. Helpful too, as I can really *see* what is happening to the gun under recoil, and what happens when my grip changes. Instant feedback is cool.

My mind is turning at the moment, got to play with a EDM machine and now all I want to do is make cool shit on it.