New girl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mistergixter, Nov 13, 2008.

1. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

So I am talking to a new girl. We were matched on eHarmony. (I gave into the commercial) She wanted to 'fast track' the conversation and sent me a note saying to call or text her and gave me her email. She is a cool girl, we have a fair amount in common. Still in the getting to know each other phase. We have been texting back and forth. She ended up in the ER for some issues. I happened to be at school. She had texted me she wanted Starbucks. So I got out of school early and said, hey do you want some starbucks. She said yes. I delivered. She opened the door and I almost died. She is just amazingly beautiful. Spent 15 minutes with her chatting and what not. She wasn't feeling great, on some pain medication, so I wasn't trying to take up her resting time. I left she gave me a hug.

So here is the reason for the post, she said she would call me in a bit. That was 1:00, it is now 10:00 pacfic time. A bit to me does not mean 8 hours. She could be busy, but it bugs me a little. I know if or when she calls, part of me feels I should mention it, but really life happens.

So in this game of tennis I am waiting for the return shot, but it is not coming. Do I get out another ball and make contact or wait her out?

I really like her and want to see where this goes, but I don't want to be over pursuant or come off needy to her. I can come off needy here because I don't know you guys/ladies.

2. Se7en

Se7en Active Member

She's on pain meds. If she's on heavy meds, like benzos (or any kind really would be likely to have a similar effect), she could've just felt like passing out for a while. It's easy to sleep on those things.

Don't mention the time gap man. It would be petty of you. Don't get too excited and just take it nice and easy. If she's a really nice girl and she is that beautiful to you, then just go with the flow; you wouldn't want to get anxious and say something you'd regret later.

I'd say if you're really that anxious to get in touch, the most you should do is text her or something and tell her that you enjoyed seeing her earlier that day and that you hope she's feeling better.

3. Loincloth

Loincloth New Member

Hmm... Maybe send her one text ask hows shes doing and hope she feels better. DO NOT send a follow up text or phone call. I repeat. DO NOT.

pics? :)

4. Askesis

Askesis New Member

One of my biggest peeves is when someone says they are going to call me, and they don't. This goes for friends, family, anybody, but especially women. Frankly, not calling when you say you are going to is a lack of consideration.

Considering her circumstances, cut her some slack. Might have been the meds, might not have. She might have been sleeping, might not have. This might have been a sign that she isn't into you, but it probably wasn't. Don't make too big of deal about this and just see how it plays out.

Give her a call tomorrow afternoon if she hasn't called you get, giving your well-wishes and whatnot. Remember, you guys are merely acquaintances right now, so you should more or less act that way. In the following days/weeks, it should become apparent if she is into you or not.

5. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

Ya, I realized that I forgot to put the time in there. My bad. She was in the ER on Monday, took Tuesday off to recover. That was the day I brought her Starbucks. Today she was back at work. She works long ass shifts, so I think I am going to chalk it up to being tired.

I am not good at the whole dating thing, I am kind of just following my gut and what feels right, but sometimes what feels right doesn't make sense in my head. If she said she would call, she will. If she wasn't into me then I don't think she would have gotten dressed up (decent looking) made her bed and cleaned her room. She could have kept me on the porch or what not.

I think some of the regs will come in here and tell me I am over thinking. Oh well.

Thanks for the input, it is always appreciated.

6. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

Negative ghostrider

Negative ghostrider

This might change now that I have labeled the time frame.

I have a tendency to go into things pretty hard and then get move onto other things. I hope this is not going to happen. We have made plans for Sunday, so I will have a better idea of what is going on Sunday.

This also should get a lot of "stop worrying, she is busy."

She works two full time jobs, not paying for kids, but school debt. She is an EMT and works at a hospital.

Thanks again.

That was a lot of posts when I was posting, I was like WTF.

7. Askesis

Askesis New Member

You probably are over-thinking. It can be easily done when you are into someone ;)

But I have found getting overwhelmed by those thoughts does no good. All it can do is drive you crazy, when in reality, it doesn't really matter in the end. If she IS into you, terrific, things will work themselves out. If she ISN'T, it's just another of the 3 billion women who aren't :dunno:

8. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Here's a hint

Stop posting whenever a girl doesn't respond to a phone call immediately. We don't fucking care.

9. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

If you don't care, don't read. Kind of simple that way isn't it? Clearly some other people cared enough, to offer input that may help. I try to keep my posts to a minimum, but if I want to get something off of my chest or out of my head, then I am going too. Again, you don't have to read, hell you don't even have to respond. But even by responding, you showed you cared just enough to make that post.

Godday Sir!

10. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

I'll let your posts speak for themselves

http://forums.offtopic.com/search.php?searchid=16364399

You've alread posted about this once and we all said overthinking. You are still overthinking.

11. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

Seems to be a reoccurring issue hunh? I know I am over thinking things, but again it helps to get rid of it by posting. That was a different girl too. This is a new girl, same issue. Maybe there is a connection between the two?

Thanks for pointing that out.

If you read a majority of my threads you can easily spot that I am shy, quiet, have issues talking to women, the approach of talking to women, being a classic over thinker when things aren't as bad as they seem to be. So ya, a lot of what I have posted may sound redundant, but really they are issues still affecting me. Most situations are different, in this case it is different from the past not returning phone calls, but as you can see it carries the same theme. Should I then dig up and old thread to bring about a new situation and hijack my own thread? This will soon get buried in the depths by new posts.

Why I feel the need to explain myself to you, no idea.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  12. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

please respond.

13. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Your words, not mine.

14. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

i totally agree, just ask her how she is and dont mention anything about her not calling you

she either fell asleep, or was a material person and didnt like your looks/style/whatever

and im not trying to be an ass, but thats how i see it

so if she doesnt respend to your text, then thats bad, move on and never talk to the bitch again.. if she does :bigthumb:

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Chill out man. Didn't you literally make a thread days ago with the same situation?

Stop waiting for the phone call. You need to get a life so that you stop basing your validation off her call back. The chick was in the fucking ER, cut her a break!

And fuck...it's very obvious if you and this chick got together you'd put her on a ridiculous pedastal and be at her beckon call. FAIL.

16. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

Beer is right, chill out man. Relax a little, nothing good is going to come of you being over zealous and impatient. Its prefectly fine to look forward to her car, but to wait for it is a whole different beast. You need to occupy your mind with other things, get a hobby, work more, or something. I'm really happy you found someone, especially on the internet (which is a feat in itself honestly) but you're going to fuck something up if you dont just relax. Be yourself, do what you need to do and let her come second. That mentality will land you in a far better place than being nervous and insecure. She obviously likes you, just play it cool, be yourself, treat her like a person and not something you're trying to win.

Good luck man, just remember.....shes no different than you are. Afterall, she was on Eharmony also :wiggle:

Oh, and if you need to pull her down from the pedestal at a moments notice.......picture her taking a giant shit :bigthumb:

17. MissBangBang

MissBangBang New Member

Yeah those are evil. I took one, and it felt like i was in a comma ...iwas out like A LIGHT.

Its just a phone call, it doesnt destroy things if you call. Uf sh's hurt and you call her first kinda shows you care. when things are nice and fresh in a friendship/relationship its normal to want to to soak up as much as you can of the person. Just make sure its mutual.

18. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

this should do the trick

19. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:roflw: just text her that and see what happens

But seriously though if she was on meds when you went over there then there's a good chance she doesn't even remember saying that to you, depending on how strong they are or what she's on. I hate when people say they'll call or make plans and don't follow through too but in this case she might actually have a valid reason :dunno: