GUN New flashlight: Elektro Lumens XM-3

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kellyclan, Jan 8, 2005.

1. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Found it on http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/elektrolumens_xm3.htm , it was:
    1) Well rated
    2) Reasonably priced
    3) Cheap power source

Initial impressions are very favorable. i bought it for the lady so i could have my L2 back. :o

$39.99 from www.elektrolumens.com

Regulated 72 lumen 1w Luxeon LED, feels very solid but not heavy, runs off any AA batteries you feed it. Definitely a poor-man's LED Surefire. Came with a few nicks on it, but it's a work light, nothing that wouldn't be there in a week.

With the L2
    [​IMG]
    With the L2 and A2
    [​IMG]

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I really like my Executive E2e :love:

3. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

how do you like that aviator? as a pilot I feel the need to get a good light so I can do my preflights easier and since sometimes the cabin lights are too dim I want something with a red filter (or in this case red leds) that will spare my night vision. Is it worth the price? Or would I be better off getting a maglite and a filter kit?

4. kellyclan

i love it, it's probably the best all around flashlight i've seen, pocket or otherwise. i'm not gentle on it and it holds up fine, and it's perfect for exactly what you want to do with it. Surefire's mandatory pricing at $175 is pretty steep though, i paid $130 before they starting price fixing. If you're a professional or have serious need for it, i'd still consider it worth the price.

Probably not $45 off, but you might be able to get a deal from Grant and www.ganrtactical.com if you email him and tell him what you want.

i'll grab some beam shots tomorrow.

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

That's a good price for a regulated 72 llumen LED torch. Wonder how long the AA's last? Looks a little large to carry though. :(

I with PT too, I just got an E2e in hard anodized and I love this thing, it's perfect for a daily carry light.

6. kellyclan

Unlike the A2, it is on the large side for a pocket light. It's much better as a belt or bag light. But as said, for the price, it's a great LED. It's got alkalines in it now, we'll see how it does.

Here's some beams, L2 on the left, first high, then low, XM-3 on the right. Then a single of the XM-3 so you can get an idea of the spread at about 8ft away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not bad for the money. The Aviator is definitely owning it in a side-by-side... but can't argue with that cost!

8. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

good review i think i might pick one up that's not bad at all and considering aa batteries are way cheaper than cr123.