New Egg sucks!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jeff Merr, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Well some of you may remember from my post about purchasing my new system off New Egg ( http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?p=25148396#post25148396 )

...well i got my stuff today, i opened it up, the whole front of my case was broken off, the plastic pins that hold the front together all fell out when i picked it up, they had all been snapped off. Anyways so i call New Egg, they tell me to call Fed Ex, so i call Fed Ex, they tell me to call New Egg, then the girl at New Egg says, "Ok you will recieve an email in 7-10 business days with instructions on what to do and how to send the package back."...i cant fuckin believe this, 7-10 days just to get an email with the instructions? so i wont get my case back for almost a month, 3 words, fuck new egg, my first order from them is my last order.

2. stillspiraling

stillspiraling Would you like some making fuck, BERSERKER

I'm sure they'll miss you, especially since it was obviously the shipping company's fault.

I've placed over 5 full system orders from them with the fastest shipping I've ever seen, and all was in perfect condition.

3. skooter

skooter Guest

Almost 50 whole systems I have bought from newegg, only 1 bad part to date, they were very friendly and had a replacement in two days. That sucks that you had a bad experience.

Newegg > *

4. FalconXtreme

FalconXtreme w3rd

w3rd newegg > * its true. its fedex's fault not neweggs. i've been using newegg ever since my first pc build 4 years ago. hasn't failed me 10+ systems later

5. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

You are definately in the minority on this one. :)

6. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour OT Supporter

:werd: I've been dealing with NewEgg for the past 2 years, and they haven't done me wrong. Well, there was my Nikon Coolpix 2100 that had the flash stop working after a day, but they fixed things up quick.

Sorry that your first purchase went sour. I don't know who else to recommend that would compare to NewEgg's top-notch service.

7. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

What he said.

8. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

newegg rocks.

If you buy a cheap ass case though theres nothing they can do. You have two options, a) don't be cheap, b) call or email them and ask for them to send you a new front end for the case.

I had the same problem with a case I bought (cheap, like you ;) ) so I emailed them and asked for a new front and I had it within a few days, no cost. The fronts usually screw in from the back.

No biggie.

9. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

Newegg + ZipZoomFly > *

If this is your first order. Than well perhaps you are missing all the facts.

10. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

NewEgg is the best, you have been mistaken sir. I have ordered LOTS of full systems from them and tons of computer parts and they are simply the best company. I have spent over $13,000 there with my part time computer business and they satisfy my needs hands down.

11. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

I like NewEgg. 2 orders and no problems of which to speak.

12. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

And to those saying it is FedEx's fault -- it's not. It is the manufacturer of the case to blame. It's like me wanting to ship an egg and putting it in a paper envelope with no padding and sending it out. Cheap cases get cheap boxes.

13. oradii

oradii www.oteampress.com

www.xoxide.com for your cases.

I ordered several from there.

one of them showed up with a small crack in the top left corner of the plexiglass, they shipped me a second one free of charge.

newegg pwns for all else

14. RobsMob

RobsMob Guest

Sorry to hear about your mishap. After spending thousands at Newegg over the past couple of years, I've never had problems with them. Sure, things have shown up busted and broken, but they always replace things in a timely fashion.

BTW...buy an av :mamoru:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  15. 01000101

01000101 New Member

'nother vote for the greatness of newegg