New DL PR!!! and Lol at old people + commercial gyms

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Fireman68w, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

The past 2 months I have been working with reps of 3-5 for my max attempt. I built myself up to 365x3-4 and decided I would try for a 1 rep max. Now I know my form is not the best at higher weights but I decided I should try for 1 rep max.

135x8
    225x8
    315x6
    365x2
    385x1(went up real easy)PR!
    Then I said what the heck I'll go for 4 plates. I brought it up fast and I thought I had it but I couldn't completely lock it out. My form probably wasnt the greatest on this and I ended up with my knees slightly bent while I tried to straighten out my hips to complete the lockout. At this time I just gave up and slowly lowered it but dropped it 4 inches from the ground because I was lazy. Next time I will lower my reps on the 225 and 315 and try again next time.

Everybody at the gym was kinda looking at me like :ugh:
    I then went to cable rows and midway this old guy keeps looking at me and finally tries to tell me I shouldn't be working with such high weights because "I only have one back". I dont mind criticism but when somebody says I should not be working with such high weights I find that a little ignorant. Then while i was doing weighted dips everyone was giving me the :ugh: Fucking commerical gyms. I think its time to go to a real gym where Deadlifting/squats is the norm.

P.S I live in rich suburbia

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  2. TZ

TZ Banned

:ugh::ugh: wtf is this guy....

3. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

:rofl::rofl: Just re-read it. I was talking about the old dude. I'm still a little tired since I just got back.

4. d3323

d3323 OT Supporter

fuck em, they're all just jealous

5. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

I'm like the only person doing heavy DL's in the 1-3 rep range. I do see squats alot more than I used to but its mostly highschool kids community college boys and old people. It would be nice to go to a PL gym so I dont get shit about doing "heavy weights".

6. TZ

TZ Banned

:rofl:

But yea, I know what it's like lifting in a commercial gym where old rich faggots go. I always get these bitchy worthless housewives complaining to the attendants that I'm "not controlling the weights" when I deadlift, when I set them down gently :ugh2: They need black veiny massive cocks in their asses :dunno:

7. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

Yeah well most of them are just there to feel like they are accomplishing something. Very rarely do I see someone actually dedicated to lifting big/hardcore. On deadlift day I'm the type that gets all crazy and cranks up the mp3 player high as a kite on ephedrine and after deadlifting you can see blood running down my shins:bowdown:

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

maybe you were deadlifting with "scared cat" back and he thought you were gonna get hurt. Got any vids of you DLing?

Either way, nice max. Sounds like a great workout :)

9. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I'd love to see vids of this, especially the 4 plate DL attempt

10. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

Nah I can feel when I have that back. Whenever I feel that I stop immedietly. I know I have my hips high sometimes and I work on keeping it lower. Legs are my weak point. I was actually doing cable rows when he approached me. Not sure if he saw me deadlifting or if he was referring to the cable rows... I thought he was referring to the deadlifts so I told him that I've been deadlifting for 2 years. In those 2 years not once have I injured myself.

11. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

:rofl: I will admit my form wasn't the best on that. I just couldn't lock it out. Not bad considering I'm 172. What I need to do now is work on my legs.

12. deznutz

deznutz New Member

385 to 405 is a big jump, just be careful, thats how people DO blow their back out.

13. size18boarder

size18boarder rhetorical OT Supporter

if you went to a PL gym though, you would get shit for doing light weights

14. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

385 went up kind of easy. 405 is such a big mental block and I wanted to get it over with.

15. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

deezweez.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.