New DigiCam

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 01Mcoupe3.2, Jun 21, 2002.

1. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

http://www.genesiscamera.com/canpows3.html

What do you think. I want a camera that has 3x zoom preferably, a 2x would do, but Audio/Video camera (30 sec shots) are a must.

Picture quality is important, but not the abosolute deciding factor.

2. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

I have the same camera. I'd sell you mine if youre interested. Along side a 64MB Flash Card :big grin:

Actually, I'm still having some trepidations about parting with it.

Just some comments on the camera: This camera is very nice in a professional's hands. In mine however, mixed results. I didn't find the macro shots I took really pan out, but again I'm far from a professional or even being an hobbyist photographer. One complaint about this model (as well with all Elph series) is the less than stellar flash. They often say night shots are not that great unless it's in a well litted area.

As a casual user, I think it more than suits my needs. The diminutive novelty factor is still very cool, but be careful how you handle it as it's very light and unobtrusive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2002
  3. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

how is the video/audio recording?

Light and unobtrusive was a major searching point for me. That factor alone weeded out all of the Sony's.

4. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

Recording is 'average'. I'd gladly demonstrate when I have the time. You may find some samples at www.dpreview.com however I believe they mainly demonstrate their still capabilities. The AVI is average I would say. No great noticible grains or artifacts, but it is small! I can't remember the resolution, but that's expected with a camera and not a digital video camera.

5. Madness

Madness Guest

canon s30 :) is the one i am getting very soon :)

6. Balzak

Balzak New Member

Minolta DiMage F100