New diet, need new routine

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jc_smith, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Well, I'm sick of being skinny. A few years ago I got on the diet I am currently on(this shake supplement, gives me over 2000 calories per shake, I take one a day, trying to up it to two eventually). For 6 months I took this stuff and gained 30 pounds(i was like 120ish, and went to almost 160). My routine for the gym was all my back, shoulder and chest one day, my entire arm the next, along with my abs every day. I worked these groups out to exhaustion then went home. I increased my max in bench by 60 lbs in this period. I also took creatine. Can you think of a routine that would be better. I'm mostly interested in my upper body(fr some reason, i just dont enjoy working out my lower body, no fun)? Thans

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

god forbid you read any of the fucking stickies or the archives.

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

stickies for routines and for the love of all that is holy on this planet train your legs

4. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

GOD DAMN FUCKING PUSSY, GO KILL YOURSELF NOW YOU FUCKING WANNABEAMBERCROMBI&FITCHLITTLE FAGGOTT!!!!!

5. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Lol,damn, I read the stickies. Blame my laziness to not looking into it further...guess I'll take a second look.

6. Memor

Memor Active Member

no worries, give them a good read

but say you're going to train legs

SAY IT

7. b21bballer

b21bballer Active Member

Whatever you do, don't do ANY leg exercises.

8. benny196

benny196 New Member

:rofl: You are a god.

9. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Yeah, yeah I'll train my legs I guess. It's not that I wouldn't like bigger legs, it's just that I work out because I enjoy it and to relieve stress. I just don't enjoy lower body excersises that much :hs: Don't know why. But I guess I don't want some big upper body and itty bitty legs,lol.

10. Memor

Memor Active Member

most people start out hating doing legs, i never used to touch them back when i knew jack shit about training, but now they're my favorite day in my split

i loves them squats

EDIT: especially if you do it for stress relief, nothing beats a bar digging into your back and all your veins popping out when you struggle on a last squat rep, eyes all bloodshot and googly :bowdown:

11. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Hey, what does everyone think of this routine(the HST)?

[​IMG]

I'm not an expert on weight training, and my goals are to just get bigger, but be defined at the same time. I don't want to be huge, but around maybe 160-180 and defined(I'm just about 6' and only 125 right now, but the low weight is from stress from a recent breakup. I'm usually 135-140)

12. H0|y 5h17

H0|y 5h17 l3 L 0 W N

Um it seems a little weak. Doing about 1 to 2 sets of each exercise every 2 days and no weekend is retarded. I do at least 3-4 sets of every exercise with 1 rest day every 4 days.

this would be ok if you were planning on spending about 20 minutes at the gym every day.

13. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Well the sets would go up. I usualyl do 3-5 sets of 10 if i can. this usualyll is all i can do anyways before my muscles just give out,lol. I try to exhaust them completely then give them a full day to heal before working on them again. But what I really want to know if all the excersises in there are any good. Do they cover most of what I need to do? I can always add more sets to it all.

14. b21bballer

b21bballer Active Member

Don't worry...you won't get huge...

15. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

hmm, sarcasism isn't so easy to detect on the interweb these days :squint: any good advice to help me out?

16. Memor

Memor Active Member

Your diet and dedication will be more important than your routine if you want to gain weight and lean up. Most routines are fine, NoQ's routine in the sticky is a good one, as is any version of the Modified Bill Starr 5x5. As long as you're hitting every part of your body at least once a week, working on mobility, and eating right, you'll see gains.

17. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Well my diet isn't the best. I wish i knew the name of the shake supplemt I'm taking. It's probably the healthiest thing I'm intaking right now. Anyways, what are some good supplements you can recomend if my diet isn't so good?

18. Memor

Memor Active Member

It's not really the supplements...check the diet in the bodybuilding sticky, get a feel for what foods are good and what are bad. You'll gain fast the first few months with noob gains so long as you're eating semi clean and eating more than you're used to, you should be fine. Eat more meals per day, even if you do smaller portions than you're used to...you're skinny right now which means you don't eat a lot, even if you think you might. Whey and creatine are both cheap and widely used, if you want supplements they're easy enough to take. 5g/day of creatine and however much whey you deem necessary so that you're getting the right amount of protein/day.

19. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

alright i'll look into those foods, do you know any good creatine supplements?

20. b21bballer

b21bballer Active Member

gaining muscle takes a long ass time..you're not going to get huge overnight, so don't even worry about it. focus on diet, your routine, getting enough rest, and some supplements.

21. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

I got sick of being 175 lbs. I then got up to 265 in less than a year. If you want, I can post up my super strict diet and workout plan that enabled me to make such massive gains with no fat whatsoever!

22. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Thats is a lot of weight to gain with no fat. If it's affordable, then I'm game. I don't want/need the gains you got, but adding another 40-60 pounds of muscle would be nice!!! :bowdown:

23. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Also, a huige problem I have is not eating a lot at a sitting. i get full pretty easily. What are some foods with high calories but don't fill ya up that much??

24. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

search. you are a fucking twig and routine won't dictate gains, your diet does. All of you questions have been answered at least 10 times. quit bein lazy, you have a sub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.