new crush just told me she has HPV(anonymous post)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Darketernal, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

So I've been talking with this girl for the last month or so. We were friends for a while prior to us starting to sort of date. We work in the same office and so far it's been pretty amazing. She is hot, hilarious, and so much fun. She's almost everything I could want in a girl. We've been going out on weekends and things have gotten more serious.

I didn't want to catch feelings, but unfortunately it happened. She is just too much fun, and sweet, and affectionate. We have yet to have sex, but it's been very close, but she always sort of backs off at the last minute. Giving me mixed signals. Yesterday she called me crying and told me that she found out back in April that she had HPV, not the wart kind, but the abnormal cell kind. She broke it off with me, after telling me,

but it's sort of up in the air. We both really like each other ALOT. But at the same time, I'm still young (23) and need to have some sex. Is it worth continuing to date this girl, just because of the amazing time we've had so far? The truth is a part of me is kind of grossed out. But at the same time, I really like the girl and am / have been totally crushing on her. I had no idea I even liked her that much until last night. But now I'm not sure how to feel. should I just move on? say fuck it? It's only been a month, but its been an amazing month Happiest i've been in a while.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

So wait, she broke this off for your sake? While you may think it's "gross" you need to get with the times. I think now it's like every 1 out of 2 women has a form of HPV. Luckily she doesn't have the wart-kind or the strain that even affects men, you would just carry it from this point on. Women who have HPV shouldn't be thought of as "oh what a whore! I bet she's sucked 37 dicks to get that! When really it's so common now she could have contracted it from a long term serious boyfriend :dunno:

Anyway, there was a thread on this EXACT subject a few months ago and the guy ended up breaking it off with the girl before he slept with her which I found hilarious. The girl shoulld be applauded for being open and honest wenought with you to tell you. A lot of woman wouldn't even have the courtesy to tell you let alone get tested regularly enough to know.

But yeah, this isn't a decision for strangers to make for you. This is up to you, what you want, would you regret later ending it or be glad because you were disease-free :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I've read somewhere that one in every two people will come in contact with HPV in their lives. You might even have it. You probably just have no idea. :mamoru2:

Although this may have been true, this is not a serious post, and am in no way encouraging you to go get pozzed.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Listen, maybe gross was the wrong word. I'm really like stupid nuts about this girl for only having been dating her for a month. She is like my ideal woman basically and has made me SO happy these last few weeks. When I said gross, I guess it was just an inarticulate way of saying, I don't want to put myself at risk in case things don't work out. Lasting ramifications you know?

And I agree. The first thing I did was thank her for being open and honest with me, and letting me know. I told her I have so much respect for her for telling me straight up.

But at the end of the day. It's an STD and we've only been dating for a month. I really like her, and she really likes me, but this just sucks.

5. Sandwich

Sandwich OT Supporter

just so you know.. most, if not all, strands of HPV doesn't show up in guys. i think guys just become a carrier. women get affected a few different ways, and i think one of those ways is cervical cancer. i dont think there are any physical traits to HPV either.. but i could be wrong.

do some research on it, i wouldn't let that end a potentially good relationship. There are SOOO many versions of HPV out there that if you're sexually active and have had a few partners you have probably come in contact with it already.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

I'm not bashing you or anything, it's completely your decision nor do I think you are shallow or something for wanting to end it over this.

And men can be more than carriers. There are strains that will give men warts. But almost always the men who contract it just carry it forever, forever spreading it to women who it can then effect. If your plan was to stay with this girl forever then I'd think it would be worth it :mamoru:

7. teep

teep New Member

i heard most people get it, live with it, and shake it without even knowing :dunno:

whatever you do don't look up genital warts on wikipedia. shits scaaarry :eek3:

it's a turn off for sure, but sit on it for a while and think. use condoms if it bothers you that much, etc. it CAN cause warts, it CAN cause cervical cancer, but for the most part it's like it's not even there.

8. DvBoard

DvBoard New Member

Do condoms stop the transmission of HPV?

9. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

I wouldn't even think about it. You WILL sleep with women who carry HPV, if you don't already yourself...why pass up a great one cause of it?

I haven't been tested in far too long, but I would put good money on the fact that I carry it...as well as a LARGE LARGE portion of the rest of the country.

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

HPV is the biggest bullshit "disease"

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

from wiki

Genital HPV infection is very common, with estimates suggesting that most (>50%) sexually active women will become infected with one or more of the sexually transmitted HPV types.[11] The American Social Health Association reported estimates that about 75-80% of sexually active Americans will be infected with HPV at some point in their lifetime.[12][13] According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), by the age of 50 more than 80% of American women will have contracted at least one strain of genital HPV.[14]

12. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

I'd rather hear a woman I'm sleeping with has HPV than the flu.

13. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

not entirely. Especially if she has the warts variety.

14. Flaxamaxer

Flaxamaxer Death2You

My whore of an ex contracted HPV. She had to undergo vaginal scrapings. I wish I could have sat in the rafters and dropped a Junior Mint into her loose snatch.

Seriously though, isn't it dormant in men? Or is the OP a girl? And if so can you get HPV from scissoring?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  15. T0mmy

T0mmy Guest

If you can't remember it's all good.

16. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

Some strains cause warts.

17. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I think TS has said that her strain IS NOT the wart causing one.

18. topcat

topcat OT Supporter

btw, condoms DO NOT prevent HPV. chances are minimized, but far from 100% protection.

19. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

As others have said, you've probably alreay come into contact with it. I have and survived to tell the tale with absolutely no symptons (ex told me she had it after we broke up)

20. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

There is no way of testing for HPV in men is what i was once told. Its only know to a man if there are simptoms. correct me if im wrong

21. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

If he has sex with this girl then he will be guilted to tell every post relationship that he was exposed to HPV - the cervical cancer strand...

If it were me I'd stay away. But then again, I probably carry teh HPV anyway :hs:

22. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I disagree with that, I'd EXPECT to be told and wouldn't applaud that fact. I'd be seriously pissed off if she didn't tell me.

Regardless she has done the right thing by letting you know and in your situation I'd be weighing up how much I actually felt for her. If I was serious about it, then I would probably go for it. Only you can make that decision, but I wouldn't be "grossed" out about it as it is very common and there is a high likelihood that you will get it at some time in the future.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

Of course we all expect to be told. My point is a lot of women who have it DON'T tell. So until all the men and women of the world with STD's and STI's openly tell their sex partners that they have it it should be applauded that she brought it up without him even asking, and then giving him the choice to decide if he wanted to stay in it or not.

24. demosnat

demosnat New Member

HPV doesn't affect guys, but sleeping with her, you may contract it, which will be fucking tragic for any other girl you sleep with. Certain strains cause breakouts, cancer, etc.
    I wouldn't touch a guy who had it.

25. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

pretty sure there is. They were running tests with guys last year here at USF.