A&P new crazy idea. v.POSTweddingweddingphotography...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jared_IRL, May 3, 2009.

1. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

So fellas... I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a while now, and i'm going to do it. I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out how to advertise it, give me suggestions for shots, and help me improve on the idea....

So here goes:

90% of the people I talk to want more out of the wedding photography they got done when they got married. Their wants differ, some want shots that just weren't possible on the wedding day, others had photographers that phoned it in that day, and others either thought of things they didn't at the time, or missed opportunities.

So what I want to propose, is to offer people the opportunity to get back in their wedding dresses/tux's, and and do whatever it is they want.

Here are some of the proposals i've already gotten, just from discussing it with friends

1. couple riding a tandem bicycle on Ben Franklin Bridge with Philly in background

2. couple at the bar they met, sitting at the bar with whisky and a mojito.

3. reshoot of portait with father who couldn't make it to wedding due to heart attack.

4. couple on the beach at sunset having fun.

5. couple at love park in front of the LOVE sculpture.

Thoughts? I'm thinking for doing this on a TFP basis, with signed model releases so I can use the photos in my advertising.

2. Keegan

Keegan New Member

If your clients are willing to pay for these and you can get model releases for all of them... Why not? I think it's a great way to make extra income and also build the relationships you've already established which may in turn lead to more work down the road.

For advertising it... hmm.. send letters to past clients?

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  3. mojito

mojito New Member

Why an I going to be there? :o

I'm in this boat now too, had a couple trade an esession for a post wedding shoot. Haven't really gone over where it will be yet. Have you asked about adding/ending with a trash teh dress?

4. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Mojito - glad i'm not the only one doing this...

I am working on a couple people for trash the dress shoots, actually... Nothing solid yet, but a couple that said they wouldn't be opposed to it if the right idea/location came along...

I'm going to start actively advertising this... Any idea on how to phrase what I'm looking for, so I can get people to respond? I'd like to throw it out on facebook, craigslist and my circle of friends first, just to see what kind of response I get...

Definitely down for some suggestions on how to get some interest...

5. Jbrown

Jbrown OT Supporter

Sounds like a great idea :cool:

6. Lol McRofles

Lol McRofles Lollers OT Supporter

Second Shot Wedding Photos™©

7. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

ReMarried.com

8. UnNakedChef

UnNakedChef 2jz Sackrider Holder

ooooh fun! slogans!

How about "Wedding Reruns". Here comes the bride....again.

or maybe "Wedding Do-Overs". Just because you are stuck with him, doesn't mean you should be stuck with those photos.

or "Knot Again!" This time no mother-in-law, so your smiles can be real!

9. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

:mamoru: some more winnars :hsugh:

10. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

so i'm creating a little website for my new project...

Can I use images from some 'trash the dress' shoots to show ideas of what i'm looking for? I'd link the websites to the photographers who shot the stuff...

Or is that bad business?

11. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Fellas,

Here's a quick jpg of the rough draft splash page for the 'knot again' project.. I know there are some spelling errors and such, thats why it's called 'rough'. But point em out anyway.

Gimme some feedback.

[​IMG]

12. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Oh, and unnakedchef - i'm stealing your one liners. they're fucking awesome.

Hope you don't mind...

13. UnNakedChef

UnNakedChef 2jz Sackrider Holder

:rofl: I was half-joking on those, but that's fine with me, use me like a dirty whore. :naughtyd:

But if you actually want to use that, I might change the last line to add "just" so you don't strictly imply that somebody has only bad photos currently, since I would imagine your service is meant to augment a normal wedding photo collection.

So:
    "Just because you're stuck with him, doesn't mean you're stuck with just those photos."

In the 1st paragraph, I would add to the second sentence at the very end "...constraints of your wedding day, or missed opportunities due to unforeseen circumstances or events." To plant the seed in the mind of the reader that they can, as you said earlier, get their Dad there who was in surgery, or if they had rain ruin a day, etc

I would also avoid using "constraints" twice in row...so in the next sentence swap "restrictions" for "constraints" or instead of "throw out all limitations and constraints" maybe go with "cast aside your inhibitions"

14. mojito

mojito New Member

I wouldn't concentrate on it, unless thats all you want, but throwing some in would be a good idea

15. Daq

Daq New Member

awesome idea :bowdown:

16. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

:h5: thanks!

Yeah, I know it's a little rough, and I would never publish it like this, but it's well on it's way!

17. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

naah, not concentrating on it, that's just one extreme. I just want to leave it wide open.

But I haven't done anything of this sort in the past, so I don't really have any examples of the kind of stuff i'd be down to shoot...

18. mojito

mojito New Member

you wouldn't have to have that specific timeline in the initial portfolio. So if you took some wedding day shots that looked more like that . . .

19. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

The overall look of that bothers me. It's got an industrial feel to it that mixes more with a NIN homepage, than a wedding photographer's. Redirect it to something more... well wedding-ish, and if you want to add a touch of the rough edges, give it the look of a wedding that hasn't quite gone completely wrong. just my .02.

20. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

Second Marriage - Get it right this time.

Mulligans - That first shot doesn't have to count.

Wedding Part II - A sequel that is finally better than the original.