New cpu new mobo new harddrive = Sound no worky

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by YOURE HOW OLD!!!???, Oct 11, 2004.

1. YOURE HOW OLD!!!???

YOURE HOW OLD!!!??? Bullets are flying people are dying

upgraded my comp the other day to a athlon 64 3200 with a msi mobo. installed everything enabled in bios drivers are all updated and tried on two sets of speakers but i still get no sound. anyone help me out i have no idea whats wrong

2. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

Does the sound card show in the device manager?

Does your case have front/side/top sound ports? (if so did you plug into them?)

If you plug into a sound port on a case then the port on the motherboard will not work, the motherboard should have a jumper to control this as well - check the manual.

3. YOURE HOW OLD!!!???

the sound card is built into the mobo and ive hooked up the sound port in the front of the case and it still doesnt work. and yes the sound card shows in the device manager it says its working fine

4. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

Well are you sure that you connected the front case penel audio connectors to the mobo coorectly?

5. YOURE HOW OLD!!!???

Im pretty sure i connected it correctly but im using the rear audio connector which is build into the mobo

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

connecting the front panel audio usually requires removing 2 jumpers on the FPAudio header on the mobo.... this stops routing audio to the rear.... If you incorrectly connected the front panel audio pins then you will not get audio in the rear or front.

also, some cases do not have a Right and Left Channel RETURN lines... So on these cases, you will never get sound from the rear.

7. YOURE HOW OLD!!!???

thanks man it seems as though my friend installed the wires wrong so i just put the pins back how they came. :bigthumb: