New Core I7 PC running 64-bit Vista. Battlefield 2 install disk freezing system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Papa Sil, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

Well that's pretty much it.

I had this game sitting around from a long time ago. It uses 3 CD's to install. I inserted the first disk, when it tried to read it, the computer just kind of froze. I tried to start FireFox and it game me the "loading" symbol which went away after a few seconds, but then started like over a minute later.

I restarted, went to My Computer, double clicked on the CD-ROM's icon that does display Battlefield 2's icon, and it did the same thing. Killed me system. I had to restart.

Obviously being a novice here, I'm not so sure what is going on. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm running a 64-bit OS as opposed to a 32-bit that was the mainstream back when this game appeared?

I'd really like to play this again, but Windows doesn't want me to :wtc:

2. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

Are you the admin on the account? I hear UAC will sometimes mess with BF2, as well

If I remember, there was a patch for BF2 to allow it to work on vista 64. Dont know where to get it, though. Google I suppose.

3. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

Thanks for the heads up. I've been reading some people have been making disk images of their installation disks and then installing from the HD as opposed to straight from disk.

I think I'm going to attempt this :coolugh:

4. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

Good luck. If that doesn't work, give those patches a shot. I also am reading that some BF2 installs take a long, long time for no apparent reason. This may be your issue, so give it some extra time....just in case.