New computer!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CruD, Mar 7, 2003.

1. CruD

CruD Bah, I'll just hack it

I just received my new Alienware computer, and I was planning on taking my hard drive out of my old computer and putting it along side the two other drives on the Alienware system. Is there a program that will allow me to move my hard drive over there, but whenever a program is launched from that drive, it treats it like it was the main partition? I want to be able to use everything on that drive, just like i did on the old computer, but i dont want to have to boot up into that drive whenever i do. Get what im saying?

2. D3xt3r

D3xt3r Snoerk

I dont think it will work good this way because of dll files usw most programms have to install and your windows install will be missing them.

3. CruD

CruD Bah, I'll just hack it

Is there a way to run like another instance of windows? Like i know on macs , if you have OSX you can boot up OS9 as well. I mean, there has to be SOME program. The drive i would be putting in here has all of the windows OS files and everything, so im sure there is some way to do it. GOD, i hate this part of getting a new computer!!!!!!

4. samm

samm Next in Line

You can buy virtual PC for windows. Microsoft just bought the company that makes it.

5. D3xt3r

D3xt3r Snoerk

But I think it will be better when you install the programs fresh on your new pc and format the old HD and use it as a data HD. Virtual PC and things like that arent as fast as a fresh clean install.