New computer case

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Silfx, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Silfx

Silfx New Member

I'am currently looking for a new computer case wich has alot of room for hardrive's. I have been surfing alot but only found like 2 cases one of them is a case I found on www.amtrade.com problem with that one however is that it weight's 90KG and is located in the USA (cant find that case here) so ill have let it transported.

The other case is the the JS-2000 from chieftec

[​IMG]

Size: 710mm x 410mm x 655mm
    Slots: 23x 5,25"
    Cooling:
    8x90mm, 2x120mm
    Weight: 52KG inc PSU

problem with this case is I can only find it with a Redudant 400W or redudant 810W PSU wich makes it very expensive (havent mail'ed yet to see if it's availeble without PSU). it costs
    € 674.49 with 400W and € 1336.97 with 810W PSU. if I can get it with out the PSU (deducting the costs of the PSU) It will only costs around € 480 wich is doable (but dont know if thats possible yet).

So basicly I want to know if anyone knows other case's wich has alot of 5'25" slots and supports E-ATX mobo's? I cant find any others.

2. torquehead

torquehead New Member

man...I must be living under a rock. I have no idea what size an E-ATX motherboard is...

I've got an Antec SX1040BII case (server size) that has a ton (European- tonne) of room for HDD's and 5-1/4" drives. You might consider looking that case up...it works great for me.

3. Silfx

Silfx New Member

Case looks similair to the one I have now (got chieftec variant of it 6x 5,25" and 8x3,5") but I am looking for more room for harddrives.

4. torquehead

torquehead New Member

How many HDD's do you have? Right now I've got two of my harddrives up filling the 5-1/4" bays with HDD coolers on them...maybe that's something to consider if you're trying to squeeze out more room in your case. It leaves the original space open below for more drives if I want to expand my storage capacity.

Sorry if I'm not much help ;)

5. duff

duff what's the score here?

6. Synner

Synner New Member

Computergeeks.com has an 11-bay ATX case for $19USD. It's got 4 5.25" drive bays, all externally available, 2 3.5" external bays, and 5 3.5" internal bays. Stick with the basics and get HDD coolers, you could have up to 9 hard drives in it, 10 if you go without a floppy drive. It comes with a cheap 300w power supply, but that would definitely be replaced...still, not a bad deal. Only thing is, it's a basic white case, so if you're into modding, you could either see it as ugly and blank, or as a canvas, depending on your perception.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

the sx1040 is pretty crappy now. It's an uninspired design and it lacks room. Hard drives are stuck together, and cooling isn't great.

The CoolerMaster CMStacker is my current case, and it's pretty nice.