New Computer Build~!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ReFluX, Oct 29, 2005.

1. ReFluX

ReFluX New Member

Fixing to sell my old computer with water cooling and some kinda outdated stuff to this guy at work. I was wondering, for online gaming / lan party type stuff, First Person Shooters / graphic intensive gaming. For 800 dollars JUST FOR THE CASE / internals... no including HD. What would yall buy? And any kinda links to newegg / pricewatch would help. I was thinking about some kinda SLI mobo with a PCI express card, AMD 64 processor, but I wanna make sure I get the best deal. Thanks for the help in advance.

aim - refluxd

2. ohio_wookie

ohio_wookie New Member

this is just me but, i would wait for sli and 64bit tech. its all really expensive right now and its just for bragging rights, because there is not much out that really uses either. id say for the time being buy a abit mobo, pentium 4 3.0lga, lotsa ram, and ati 9800pro, and a water cooler, then overclock the shit out of it all. thats what i did, and i only spent around $800 and my compy can handle any of the new games out there at full graphics capability. note: my 3.0p4 is oced to 4.2ghz, and my 9800 pro is watercooled and oced to 412/365 <-- could go higher but that seems to sufice. and again that is just my opinion, new technology is cool, just not used.

3. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

that would be a complete waste of $800.00 This guy wants a gaming pc not a video encoding rig... Intel is better suited for office applications ;)

AMD 64 3000+ Venice $139.00
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D $128.00
    Video Card- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814135171
    GF 6800GT $263.00
    Add a gb decent value ram for under $100

Find an Antec case with a 400+ W power supply and some you're at about $800

edit: all prices pulled from newegg

4. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

reflux is a faggot

(give me your old video card and I will love you long time :o )

5. ReFluX

ReFluX New Member

fuck all that keef, you aint getting anything foe free!~