new Civic Si

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by johan, Jul 6, 2005.

1. johan

johan Active Member

supposedly is 200hp. There's some pics at Temple of vtec. Looks...nicer. Not so bland anymore.

Whaddyall think

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Pics arent loading. :o

3. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

looks nice, i wish they'd do something with rwd though, but im a dreamer =)

4. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

lsd as well stoxk hopefully.

5. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 Active Member

6. Team503

Team503 Guest

It's a Civic. It'll never be RWD. And if the new Si is what Honda promises (6spd, 200hp, LSD), it'll be the king of it's class again.

7. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

6spd, 200hp, lsd......that would be nice

anyone have pic ? hopefully it'll look better than the current one

8. eightiesfan

eightiesfan New Member

The specs sound nice, they need to kill that rear wing though. :hsd:

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

um, its a fucking civic... If you buy a civic, then you should want a small econobox that gets good mileage and is fairly reliable... FAST is not a civic. A civic will never BE fast. People that spend $20k on a "not slow" civic are dumbshits that need to be castrated as to prevent contamination. A civic is a sub-$13k car for people on a budget.

10. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

People with your attitude are as bad as rice-boys. (BTW, Civics are not <13k, they are <14k and that's if you get it stripped the fuck out with no a/c.) Why exactly is an econobox with a little bit of guts and suspension so it's more fun to drive necessarily a bad thing? I've driven a Lancer Ralliart and happen to think it's a great car. No, it's not very fast, but it's practical and well-built and pretty enjoyable for the price.

What else are you going to get for $20k? A stripped midsize FWD sedan? A V6 Mustang? Oh I know, a base model RSX! :mamoru: It's not going to be any faster whatever it is.

I personally think an Si-spec sedan would be damn cool. But I guess they don't see a place for anything between the Civic EX and the TSX.

11. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

jollyogre just obviously has no respect for other people's opinions... tell us, what do you drive?

I dont mind the new Si, should put the civic back up their with the corolla and the focus.

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I drive a Tundra... Before that, I had a Silverado, Volvo 850, Tacoma, Camry, etc... My GF used to drive a civic. It was a fine econobox... but at the time she needed a small, inexpensive, good mpg car, that was reliable... None of this "I wanna make it fast" non-sense.

13. Team503

Team503 Guest

Again, you display the right idea with the wrong attitude.

Yes, you're right. It will never be anything but a Civic. Just like a Supra will never be a Ferrari, an RX-7 will never be a Lamborghini, or anything else. And because of its architecture, it is inherently limited in streetable form to less than about 400hp. Even that is virtually undriveable.

But what you have to remember, especially when referring to factory cars, is that they're not TRYING to be a Ferrari. It's a peppy econobox that happens to look fairly good for what it is. In all honesty, I'm considering buying one. It means I can keep the S13 off the road and on the track where it belongs. And the bike can spend more time with the front wheel in the air and less time commuting me to work.

You're never going to get the kind of car you seem to think people assume the Si is for less than $20,000. Much less getting one for under $15,000. People buying the Si are doign their best to get a well-rounded performance vehicle that fits their budget. Which, from the cars you've listed, you have never owned. A few trucks, a couple of family sedans.. The only one with potential is the 850, and even then I doubt you did anything with it.

Sorry, man, but people like you are a dime a dozen. While you sit back, point, and snicker like a jaded old man, these kids are out there doing it. You go with your superior attitude and ignorant comments - and sit in the parking lot with your truck. The rest of us? We're out there, doing it, making history while you watch from the sidelines.

14. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

i had a 2000 civic si before, i had intake header exhaust on it plus some performance shocks and springs, it was fun to drive but i wanted something faster. so i sold my civic for a 240sx with a sr20 swap. not going with fwd cars ever again.

15. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

doing what? Making history with a *CIVIC*??? This is just rediculous! The only history you're making is going down as idiots!

If you can only afford a $20k car, then performance and modding should NOT be important to you... Reliable transport to work so that you can better yourself should be your priority. When you have enough money to actually have a 2nd car to mess with, THEN you can do it... And I bet it'll never be a civic for people in that position.

16. atomic punk

atomic punk pretty hate machine

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

17. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Nobody was talking about modding in this thread until you got up on your high horse. I agree modding a Civic, at least the basic bolt-on mods ricers make and think they're hot shit, is a bit silly - but that's because those mods don't really do anything but make the car noisy; sometimes they even reduce power. Honda tunes their cars well from the factory, and adding any kind of mods short of forced induction to their performance models isn't really going to amount to much - that holds true for the NSX, S2000, and the humble Si alike. But that's not what this thread is about.

Furthermore, the Civic Si, any generation of it, is a reliable fuel efficient car. It just happens to be a lot more fun than the base model Civic and is loaded with goodies like a sunroof, stereo, nice alloys, etc, which you pay a little extra for. What's so wrong with that? Should no one ever buy a Civic EX either? (I would almost agree with this part actually but that's a whole other subject ;))

I'll take that bet. Ever heard of NASA Honda Challenge? The Civic is actually very popular in autocross and road racing, because it is a cheap, light, great handling platform with a lot of potential and massive aftermarket support. The fact that you can swap practically any Honda four banger into any recent Civic with a minimum of hassle and mix and match blocks and heads doesn't hurt either.

18. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

Check this thing, it blew alot of RWD turbo's away... Winning the FWD N/A drag record... on street tires too...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ran low 12's, naturally aspirated, street tires....

Im not a civic fanboy, but this thing got alot of respect when it blew a GTR away from a n/a 4 cylender engine....

19. Team503

Team503 Guest

"rediculous"? You've got to be kidding, right? You're probably 17, right?

By "making history," I meant that while you bitch and moan with your elitist views, the rest of us are actually DOING something. See, you talk a lot of shit, I've noticed, but you don't back it up. How many cars have you spent a DIME modifying, for any result?

Just because someone doesn't make a lot of money doesn't mean they can't modify a car. That line of reasoning says that unless you can afford the best car evAR, you shouldn't modify cars.. So I guess we're all fucked for not owning a McClaren F1, huh?

I paid less than $8,500 for my car AND my bike together. Funny - I just bought a spare motor to build up for the S13, and the bike is running great. I have no car payment, and my insurance is cheap as hell. I spend my money enjoying life and doing the things I want to do. You go ahead and make a horrible financial decision and make car payments for four or five years. I'll stick with my paid off vehicles.

And I would point out that quite a few world records are held by Civics - including the fastest N/A drag car.

I know lots of people like you - all talk, elitist attitude, and full of themselves. Funny how I never see those people at the track, autocrosses, the drags or even at car shows. So like I said - you keep talking your shit. The rest of us are going to go out and do something.

20. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

team503

it's not worth your time arguing with him. he's (jollyorge) is a fucking moron.

according to him..

Originally Posted by jollyogre
    It's a statistic that I've seen a lot. Not 100% sure on the details. The average car buyer trades every 3 years anyway... the purchaser fucks themselves in the end.

and firmly believed that anyone who buy a car is a complete idiot because leasing for the rest of your life is better than buying. he even attempt to show me his crazy 3rd grade math skills computing how much it cost to lease vs to buy. somehow in the long run, you'll save over $200k by leasing. :mamoru: i had to show him that his calculations are fucted & 60months = 5 years.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1905330

21. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you're a fucking idiot. Go read that thread and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY POSTS says that BUYING IS BETTER IF YOU PLAN TO KEEP THE CAR A LONG TIME.

22. iNteGraz92

iNteGraz92 trolling apple sackriders is just too damn easy

stfu and gtfo already

23. Team503

Team503 Guest

Have you considered, on the leasing argument, that you cannot modify a leased car (unless you want to return it to stock to return it)? That you're limited in mileage annually (usually 12,000 miles) and that you have to return the car in "as new" condition (which, trust me, doesn't happen - they'll ding you for EVERY little thing)?

Hey, if you want a stock car for a few years, that's awesome. Leasing isn't a bad idea - for some people (those who switch cars like underwear), it's a great idea. But for most of the world, who keeps a car a few years after it's paid off, it's a bad idea? The money you save leasing is not as much as you think.

What about down payments, balloon payments, and return charges (like mileage over average, condition "adjustments," etc)? Leases include LOTS of hidden fees and conditions. Not that some finance plans don't for purchasing cars, but there are fewer and they're less strict than most lease plans.

24. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

That's just not true. Half of my friends work at car dealerships, and most lease... They return them with lift kits, stereos, and everything else done to them. You can't do anything really crazy... But a simple leveling kit, or the like, is perfectly acceptable. Just don't expect money for it. As for the "new" condition, that's bs. You have to take care of it... And a ripped seat isn't gonna fly. But normal wear and tear is perfectly acceptable. I have seen what flys and what doesn't, and I wouldn't drive a rig that had some of the scratches they allow. As for the mileage, yea... you're in some ways limited. Here's the thing : As mileage adds up, value goes down. So when you say 12000 miles, that doesn't mean that you cant go over that... but the residual they predicted was for a car with 12000 miles/year on it.

It is entirely possible to lease a car, put 15k miles on it instead of 12k a year, and then MAKE $2000 on it at the end of the lease. Entirely possible.

25. padrino2k

padrino2k New Member

I personally know a guy with a '99 Civic Si, fully built for turbo, that dusted a souped-up Cobra Mustang on 100-shot of NOS. It's currently running low 13's-high 12's with a T3/T4 hybrid turbo. If that's not fast, I don't know what is.

The car I just mentioned is currently limited to about 450 hp because of the turbo, and he uses it as a daily driver. If you try to mash the pedal around corners, sure, it's undriveable, but then again, so are those lambo's. BTW, he's selling the turbo so he can get a larger one to hit 500.