New CD Player

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scuba, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Scuba

Scuba New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    OK. I'm going to buy a new CD player for my 1998 dodge ram on Wednesday this week. My budget is $300. What are some good cd players to look into? I want it to play MP3s,burnt cds, and have XM or Sirius radio. Also I have a crackle and pop noise in my left door speaker. What could this be? Wiring or has the speaker just gone bad and should I replace it? Should I get the same speakers taht are in my truck or soemthing different. I have some stock Infinity speakers in the door. One more question. Is there a difference in Sirius and XM radio? Is one better than the other or offer something the other doesnt?
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2003
  2. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Aug 13, 2001
    You've got alot of questions so I'll just try to bang some out for you.

A) If you want XM or Sirius radio you not only have to buy a compatable reciever, but must also buy the tuner and antenna in order to get the service.

B) listen to both services and the selections before you decide, I personally like XM better, but it's just a matter of personal taste.

Head unit choice is still a matter of personal preference, I personally like pioneers, but everyone has their own opinion, as long as you stay away from jensen or sony you should be pleased, just know that different manufacturers support different brands of satelite radio. As far as I know only kenwood supports sirius and maybe alpine, but all the rest support XM. Just something to keep in mind.

You're speaker problem is either in the speaker or the deck, definately not in the wiring. I couldn't really tell you anything more without seeing/hearing it in person