New Car Paint Sealant Options

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by psychonate, Jun 26, 2006.

1. psychonate

psychonate I make baby jesus cry

So the lady friend is picking up a new car this evening 06 Sentra SE if anyone cares. Anyway I know the dealer is going to offer us some 1200 dollar paint sealant option which I am quickly going to shoot down. Does anyone have any ides/suggestions for an after-market sealant that I can apply?

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

That dealership sealant package (which alot of people actuauult get tricked into believing its a 'clear coat' and they wont have their car clearcoated unless they get it) is a complete crock of bullshit. Its nothing but a bunch of faggots in the dealers "detail" area, or some piss poor (i.e. the cheapest the dealer could find) detail shop with a bunch of monkeys with rotories applying the shit.

I spent nearly three days on my ex's car, picking the shit out of the trim, body creases, lines, door jams, etc. It was horrible. We took pictures of the shit, and i believe they ended up refunding part of the cost of it. But it was a complete waste of time. But just as an example of how worthless this shit is, i was cutting it off the paint, by hand, with S100 Shine Enhancing Paint Cleaner. WHich hardly has any cutting to it at all. SO its not very durable, and definatly not worth the price.

If the paint is prepped properly, and you top it with a good sealent like Poorboys EX or EX-P, or Werkstat, or some other really high quality sealent, you will probibly get more life out of it, and a much better shine.

3. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

:werd:Don't let her buy that shit. Seal it yourself with Klasse AIO/SG, Werkstats Acrylic Jet or Menzerna Acrylic Jacket.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

5. psychonate

psychonate I make baby jesus cry

Thanks everyone, got the car and told the dealer no to the 975 dollar paint sealent by some company in the area called commadore coatings. Anyway I am going to do the the Werkstats Prime and Acrylic Jett on it this weekend.

Any prep work I will need to do other than just a good wash since the car is new?

6. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

Just clay to get the fallout/rail dust from transport off and you should be good.

7. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I'm finding out that most of my customers don't care about swirl removal. They just want SHINE. I spent 6 hours on a truck and 1 hour on the next and they both were equally happy!

Wash, clay, seal, wax.
    I might even put my PC up!