New Car, New car wash supplies! Thoughts?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by PSUPef2K, Apr 5, 2008.

1. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

So I just got my 08' WDP TL Type S a week or so ago, and recent rain has brought forth time time to give it it's first bath. What are the best products to use to minimize swirls and what not? I need to stock up.

Typically I use the following:

regular car wash sponges
    Meguiars NXT car wash
    Invisible glass for windows
    P21S Gel wheel cleaner
    eagle one tire black sprayed on an applicator pad for shining the tires
    Armorall for the dashboard

My concern is mainly the sponges I use possibly causing swirls. What does everyone else use?

Also, now that I have leather I will need to add leather care to my car care supplies, as well as something better than armorall for the dash/interior plastics.

Any advice?

Also, after driving down the beach on the highway this weekend and collecting bugs, I think I will ldeifnitely be getting a clear bra installed. Anyway, thanks in advance!

2. quamen

quamen New Member

swirls are going to occur no matter what. if you really want to be picky, wash with 2 separate buckets, and just keep on maintain the paint so it doesn't get to far beyond correction or your desire of appearance. I have one customer who rocks all black cars for his daily drivers. He gets them detailed every week by me, and many of them have miles from driving to NYC everyday. Just by washing correctly and staying up on top of them weekly, these things always look near showroom new. Glazes are good to have for black to, cant keep machine polishing all the time.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I get far less swirling using Optimum No Rinse vs conventional washes. No suds in the way so I can see what I am doing. No problems with water spots either.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

That's my biggest issue.

5. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

I have an '04 TL with Nighthawk Black and I used the "conventional" method twice this past winter and the amount of swirling from it was INSANE! The paint was pretty nice prior to this but boom 2 normal washes due to it being way to dirty to ONR and it was all for nothing. The paint is so darn soft its terrible

6. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Yeah if your have no dirt road (all paved) then I would go with a No-Rinse. You can wash, do your wheel's and tires, and wax in less than an hour.

Check out the sticky Scott put at the top.

7. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Take it to the coin-op car wash and just blast any debris from the car first. Hell, you can bring your no-rinse with you in a sealed bucket and pull over to the vacuum lane and wash it!!! Get some Optimum Spray Wax and bam.....you washed and waxed it!

8. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

Is there like a set process for the optimum no rinse? I would worry about it not getting enough off and scratching where the wheels kick stuff up on the front doors/modling and the bumper on the sides.