New car needs?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Thumper, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Thumper

Thumper OT Supporter

I just bought a 2010 Honda Accord in "Crystal Black Pearl".

What should I be looking to do to it on the outside to look as good as possible?

I do not have a PC or any other power tools for buffing. Not sure if I am willing to put the money and time into something like that. I am basically looking to do as much as I can without using a PC/buffer. If it comes to that I would rather find someone who knows what they are doing and have them do it.

I do have ONR, OCW, PB Natty Blue and various tire shines, metal polishes and wheel cleaners (mostly P21S and Optimum stuff). Is just washing and waxing (Natty Blue wiped off with OCW) enough? Does a new car need to be clay barred? I know a lot depends on what exactly the paint looks like. I have not seen any blatant issues but it has been so cold and nasty outside I have not had time since I bought the car to really look the paint over.

My last car I had for years before I started to care for the outside and I don't want to wait or miss anything that would help with this one from the start.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Take it to a pro to get it detailed, then use what you've got to maintain it afterward. Doesn't sound like you want to invest any more time/energy into it than that, so it'll be your best route to go.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If the paint isn't glass smooth, then it needs to be clayed. Otherwise I'd just apply OCW every 2-3 washes in between details.

Just for future reference, black is not the color to get if you don't want to spend a lot of time on the finish, or don't have a detailer in your area that can help you keep black swirl free.

4. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

If money is no object to you, hire a detailer to do a full correction on it at least twice a year. Then in between those every other week at least do the ONR wash with OCW.

If you want to save a few bucks in the long run, get a PC and some pads, Meguiars 105/205, and learn how to use them.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i'd recommend Adam's polishes and Waxes.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:rofl:

7. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!!:rofl:

8. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:mamoru: :wavey: