new build won't power on

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by brodieman, Dec 1, 2007.

1. brodieman

brodieman OT Supporter

I got my new parts the other day (eg7650 cpu, gigabyte ga p35 ds3l mobo, corsair 620hx) and today I went about removing my old mobo/psu/gpu etc. Installed everything, seemed to go smoothly, no issues getting anything in there and connected. Replaced the cover, got my monitor/mouse/keyboard plugged in, plug in the power supply, turn it on, and hit the power button.
    Nothing.
    Turn it off, unplug, open it back up, check the connections, everything looks fine so I try switching the power/hdd/power led wires to see if i had them the wrong direction, close it up and try it again and same thing.
    As far as I can tell all my connections are good but I can't get it to start up, I don't get any response whatsoever, anyone have any ideas?

2. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

disconnect everything and see if it will boot with nothing but the mobo.

if it doesn't, sounds like a dead psu? not 100% certain about that though

3. brodieman

brodieman OT Supporter

okay, i'll give that a shot tomorrow morning and see what happens, disconnect gpu, hd, cd, floppy and see what I get? I'll have to double check, but I don't think the led on the mobo is even coming on.
    Also, could it be possible that there is something wrong with my case? it's about 3-4 years old and I don't think anything should be wrong with it but I don't know how I would check...

4. JaJae

JaJae New Member

No response whatsoever is probably a switch issue or a dead psu. Most likely a switch issue. Double check your case wires.

5. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

make sure you plugged in all the psu connectors. i always forget the 4pin connector

6. brodieman

brodieman OT Supporter

alright, I'll double check the case/psu wiring in the morning.