New build help - No standby/hibernate? Abit uGuru problem as well.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jdw, May 10, 2008.

1. jdw

jdw New Member

Got the new system together last night...

Abit IX38 Quad GT
    Q6600
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR800 (2GB)
    XFX 8600GT
    Coolermaster 750W
    XP Pro

All the other abit drivers/utilities seemed to install fine but uGuru keeps telling me to log in as administrator when I try to install. There is only one account on this system and it has sys admin status. The software installs but doesn't give me any data or any of the options...

And why the hell can't I select Stand By/Hibernate on here?

I've got all the updates for XP I can find outside of SP3....

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

even if your account has admin privelages, there's still an account called administrator. To install it, right click the .exe and select Run as. You will get a box that asks which account to use, use administrator and whichever password you used during xp setup.
    For hibernate/standby, hibernate has to be enabled in the power options in control panel. Do you have standby enabled in the bios?

3. jdw

jdw New Member

there is no 'Run As' in the right click menu....

4. jdw

jdw New Member

hmmm, so did a little google work and figured out this part... I'll give it a shot when I power it back up. Think the processor is coming back out of it.... Ran CoreTemp and have temps of 73/69/61/61 which are too fucking high for idle... :hs: Rebooted into the BIOS and CPU temp was 45C +/- ... still too high for my taste. Maybe it'll get better when I get the sides back on it and decent air movement. I think I'm getting some dead air spots up around the board.

As far as the standby - I couldn't find anything disabling it in the BIOS... :dunno:

5. jdw

jdw New Member

well, got logged in as admin and still no luck there... I was looking forward to trying out that utility and so far the best advice I've gotten out of Abit's forum was to do a fresh install...

Also got my CPU temps down to a reasonable level as well once I realized the CPU fan was hardly spinning.

6. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

7. jdw

jdw New Member

tried 3.107. 3.109 has been released and I'll try that here later I think. Probably give 3.104 a shot if 9 doesn't go...

Having some other issues as well here though... The computer is showing up as MPS Multiprocessor PC instead of ACPI Multiprocessor PC which I'm assuming is the source of my 'no standby' problem but more importantly the 'It is now safe to turn off your computer' message I get when I try to power down...

8. jdw

jdw New Member

well, this went better than expected. Planned on taking it down to the barebones system and starting over (per recommendations on Abit's forum) but ran Windows repair and got what I needed.