New bike

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by kdizzle59, Feb 24, 2007.

1. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

Ok so i dont usually post in here but i do look alot. i was wondering if anyone had any preferences towards two bikes. i am looking for a new one. i just sold my yamaha 600 and my honda 600. i am now looking for a new bike and i was looking at a busa, or the r1. i like the r1s ability to carve the corners a little better but i like the thought of the power i can get from the busa. well any comments are appreciated

2. itsover954

itsover954 New Member

I'd say R1.
    [​IMG]
    If you do go Busa:
    [​IMG]

3. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

yea i was leaning more towards the r1, its style is better, the manueverability, but a couple guys around my town are running around on some MEAN (stretched, lowered, some engine work) busas and i couldnt even touch them with my r6 (i know its half the cc) but i want to be able to mess with them a little but not make the bike TOO radical

4. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

are you talking straight line speed or curves? the r1 will demolish them in the curves. but then again, lets keep it on the track

5. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

haha yea it should stay on the track. and yea im talking bout straight line speed..i know an r6 will never touch it but still i want to be somewhat close when they twist that throttle back.

6. Cachee0

Cachee0 OT's Technical Recruiter, Send me your resume

Buy a used 999 Ducati. Lots of usable power 1000ccs and it handles. I have been seeing them go for 8K range with really low miles

7. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

if i get a r1 i am not going to stretch it. i am going to buy a sharkskinz kit for it. put some motor work into it. if i go with the busa you can bet your ass thats going to be lowered, stretched, with a one side swingarm.

the ducati. i dunno i rode a friends and i thought they were ok but he has had a lot of problems with it. so i kind have shyed away. i looked at hondas but i dont like the style for some reason and i didnt like the way mine performed. also am looking as a gsxr 750 but i still kinda coming back to the r1. 600cc frame with a 1000 cc motor. i am staying away from a kawasaki...i despise those bikes. i also looked at a triumph 955 but i dunno

8. murderer

murderer ****** by ***** *********s

Learn me about those! thinking of a ninja next....based on looks alone. that r1 looks good though!

9. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

its not that they are bad bikes, i just dont like them. more of a personal choice...and honestly i could have a ducati monster but if it handled and performed like i wanted...i would ride it...i am rough on anything i operate..i like to take it to the limit of each thing. i have a 2006 chevy 3500 1 ton dually which i beat the shit outta...that thing does burn outs, i beat rice rockets with it.

but any ways i really dont believe the kaws are bad bikes, if i had one i would ride it. but i will not go out and buy one.

10. cellphone

cellphone Must not sleep.....

First off what kind of riding do you do

11. JayC71

JayC71 Guest

I'll toss in a vote for an '07 R1 over a Busa. That kinds hurts to say since I'm a Suzuki fan (I've got a SV1K and GSXR600). The Busa is a bad bike, but it's made for straight-line speed and bling-bling, not corner carving. The new R1 has features straight off their M1, it's hot. You might wanna take a look at the '07 GSXR-1000 as well though, it's supposed to have a fuel-mapping switch (poor man's traction control) and some other new sexy features.

12. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

well i dabble in a lil of everything...i LOVE speed. and i love dragging my knee...im a little bit more of a fan of speed but like Jayc71 said...you cant realy carve curves...i kinda want the best of both worlds

13. cellphone

cellphone Must not sleep.....

then why the FUCK would you want a busa? seriously

from what some reviews say about the 07 r1 is thats its good but it lacks power down low, but it's still a liter bike so it's gonna be fast enough. just pick up a 06 gsxr 1000 or a 07 and change the fucking pipes

14. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

mainly so i could say i have 1300 cc between my legs...

15. murderer

murderer ****** by ***** *********s

that's it! 1300!
    just kidding, i know the difference between sport bikes and cruisers, but my cruiser's got 1700.....sportbike is coming soon

16. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Umm, you do realize that today's liter bikes are faster than a Busa now right? More power + less weight = faster in case you didn't know.

The only plus to getting a Busa over today's liter bikes is if you intend to drag race it since I don't think you can really get 500HP from an R1.

17. GoodKnight

GoodKnight New Member

Thread starter sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

18. austincabot

austincabot New Member

The Busa hasn't changed in like 7 or 8 years. Sure it works well, but do you really want that? If u were to get a Kaw, I'd say go ZX14. But that said, the R1 sounds like a good bet. It looks killer and is going to be a hell of a lot quicker than your 600's. Get one, do some work to the motor, and go have fun. You'll be quick and nimble = the best of both worlds.

19. austincabot

austincabot New Member

Umm, gearing? You could make a damn 250 quicker out of the hole than a Busa with the right gearing.

20. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Go buy a stock 07 busa and a stock 07 liter bike. I bet you the literbike will pull away at any speed:)