New bike maintanance?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 4cd-Air, Aug 31, 2002.

1. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

My bike is almost at 1000 miles. Anything I need to do or check or change to keep it running properly? It has a bit of a miss to it and the choke doesn't work, both thigns my dealer is gonna hear about. Any little things though?

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

change teh oil clean it up
    check the specs on everry thing grease it sounds like the carb needs tuned also

3. 4cd-Air

Check valve clearances how? Headstem bearings?

4. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

Your manual has a list of what you should do at 600 miles, or you can just let the dealer do it. After that, basically lube chain every 500 miles, change oil/filter every 3k miles, tune up at 12k, replace colant at 24k . Unless you did not follow the proper break in procedure, you don't need to check the valve clearance.

5. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Damn, you're from Branson, that's near the Ozark mountains right? I bet you've got a lot of good roads to ride on.

There's a few here in Alabama, but it takes some searching. Fortunately I was pointed to a bad-ass road I didn't even know existed that's less than five minutes away from me. I spent so much time exploring all the roads further out that I didn't even notice it.

Sorry to whore the thread a bit, I don't really have anything to add since everybody else already covered your question.

6. 4cd-Air

Yeah, there are quite a few really good roads around here. That's about the only good side to living here. Not many sport bikers near me. There are some in Springfield, but not as many as should be.