GUN New accupoint pricing

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soybomb, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Looks like midway has pricing up on the tr24g but mislabeleled

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=351229 The description says 5-20x but thats the tr23. The heading says tr24, which is 1-4x. Its $1020 so its presumably the 5-20x

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=319127 claims its the tr23 but is labeled 1-4x so I think its really the tr24. It says $765. Their price on a tr21r is $679. So it looks like it wont' be too much of a price increase at all.

2. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

December 22, 2008

Dear Competion Shooter,

Thank you for participating in Trijicon’s Competition Shooter’s Rewards Program. Over the past five years shooters have won over $22,000 in Trijicon products through the program. Congratulations to all the winners.

In 2009 we will be moving our shooter’s incentive program in a new direction. We will no longer be rewarding just the winners for using Trijicon to win, but working towards supplying all shooter with our products. To accomplish this Trijicon will be supporting the matches themselves with more donations to the prize tables, raffles and/or door prizes. We expect more people to have the opportunity to win our products through this change.

Trijicon is proud to support the shooting sports industry and its members. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 1-800-338-0563 x131. Our office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you again for joining Trijicon’s Competition Shooter’s Rewards Program and good luck in 2009.

Sincerely,

Susan Belanger
    Senior Marking Coordinator

3. Admitted

They gave me no membership #.

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

There is no membership number. You just call up, tell them who you are. If they say "I know you, man you kick ass!" then you get 30% off.

If they say "Who the fuck are you?". Then your pretty much shit out of luck.

5. Admitted

You know you can buy me the new Trijicon 1X4 when I buy my glock from you.:x:

6. Admitted

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Hmm first time I have heard of this. My understanding was they were not going to give rewards points for placing at designated matches if you were using trijicon gear. These points could be used to redeem trijicon products. What this means is you place top 3 at like 3 gun nationals etc you get a scope from trijicon.

They made no mention to me about no longer getting 30% off trijicon products.

8. Initial E

Initial E New Member

man I want that new accupoint, but fuck paying 700bux for it

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Still not sure of the end of the discount. Again this is the first time i heard about it. RHACEM3 did you call trijicon to place a order under shooters rewards? Maybe Susan is mistaken or did not understand your question. If shooters are no longer getting price breaks and no longer getting gear for winning then there is no shooters rewards program. That mean all the various shooters who wearing the trijicon logo's on our uniforms for free at this point.

[​IMG]

I did get a letter from susan at the begining of the year but it just stated no more gear for placing.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  10. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I just ordered an AGOC two weeks ago and got the shooter's price.

11. Admitted

No I did not. I just got those two emails you see above. She wouldn't issue me a # to use because they are discontinuing the program, or so it seems.

12. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I don't think there is a shooters rewards member number. I think your mistaken. As Dumbstixlars mentioned he got a shooters rewards price 2 weeks ago. From what I understand they are not ending shooters rewards they are modifying it.

From my experieince you call trijicon and place a phone order. You tell them you are registered in shooters rewards and they look you up by name. You have to wait until you are in the system. Typically this may take a week or two. You should of gotten a price sheet with your discounts in the mail.

I think Susan may of been confused thinking you were trying to redeem points for products from placing at a match or were inquiring about points for placing. That portion of shooters rewards ended the begining of this year and all registered competitiors (myself included) got a letter mailed to us regarding that. The letter made no mention of discounted pricing ending. Neither does the email you got from Susan.

13. Dumbstixlars

This is true, I have never used a number. Just told them I was in the program, they looked me up, and gave me the discount.

14. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

You fax or mail in your registration. Then wait for your packet to come in the mail. Then you call in your order.

Not sure about the uspsa #. Guess you can write "pending".

15. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Couldnt you just say you shoot 3 Gun only?

16. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Yeah you could. Most 3 gun guys come over from uspsa/ipsc. It's pretty much the same game on steroids, cocaine, a triple helping of ill shit. Yeah I like the 3 gun.

While it is done very few people start with 3 gun. It's just a really difficult way to get into competition shooting. Nintety nine percent start with either pistol first or maybe even one of the other long guns. Idefinetely would not recommend somebody start their competition shooting experience with 3 gun. Too many variables, lots of safety concerns to keep strait, way to many skills to try to become competent with.

Writing "pending" for uspsa number is quite common. Lots of people shoot uspsa/ipsc for a whole year before they join. They might be cheap, lazy, or just suck. I'm sure trijicon would not bat an eye at "pending" and honestly that's most what people here are concerned about.

17. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

Didn't see you at the 3 gun match today Yar. It was kind of funny though asking all of the Filipinos if they were some guy from the internet forum called "yar". Finally one guy knew who you were and said you didnt show up because of the fog.

Whens the next time you will be here?

18. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yeah i missed the match. I'll be up July 26th at bakersfield for the 5th leg of the CA 3 gun series. Sucks because my sunday pistol match got cancelled too.

19. Admitted

Competition shooters who were enrolled in our program before the end of last year were grandfathered for the discount to continue until the end of 2009. We will be evaluating the competition programs and sponsorships again to see how we will be continuing for 2010. Currently we are not accepting new registrations for a rewards program or discounts.

Susan

20. Dumbstixlars

Well shit that sucks. Means I gotta order a couple more things before the end of the year then. :-/

21. Admitted

And me that new 1X4 scope!

22. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Wow that sucks. Oh well I guess it was good while it lasts. I got my scopes at least.

The new accupoint is not being offered for sale yet it is still in wait list.

23. Admitted

24. Admitted

I need someone to buy me one.:wtc:

25. Admitted

That trijicon shooters discount > *

Fuckers stopped it.:squint: