MMA New A. Silva interview

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GeeGee, May 11, 2009.

1. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

http://www.graciemag.com/news/144/ARTICLE/14195/2009-05-09.html

Anderson’s latest comments

Champion speaks of future opponent, Forrest Griffin, and training with Rich Franklin

Inevitably, Anderson Silva is the fighter most talked about at the moment. After breaking a record of straight wins in the UFC (9), the middleweight champion has become the man to beat. Next in line to try and do so, is former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin. Beyond him, there are other possible adversaries, among them Wanderlei Silva, who has made his intentions of facing the Spider clear. To spice things up even more, Wand’s next opponent, Rich Franklin, trained alongside Anderson at the training center in Los Angeles. Check out the interview with the UFC star:

Portal das Lutas – Rich Franklin, Wanderlei Silva’s next adversary, trained with you recently. What are your thoughts on that?
    Anderson Silva – There’s not much to be said. He came to train with us here in Los Angeles. He did the class just like everyone, it was cool.

PDL – But will he continue training with you guys for his fight with Wanderlei?
    AS – I’ve been really busy around here, recording some things, and I’m not sure if he’s been going the whole time. But on the days I taught the class with Feijao, Corvo, Maldonado, Sapo and Dandam, he was there with us. He trains well, but I don’t know if he’ll keep going, since I don’t own the training center.

PDL – Few could imagine after your bout with Thales Leites your next opponent would be Forrest Griffin. What do you think about the fight?
    AS – I think it’s cool. Forrest is an experienced guy and it will be a good opportunity for me. It’s going to be a tough fight, against a guy with a solid MMA career, so he deserves all my respect and I’ll train accordingly. It’s a fight everyone’s going to want to see and I need to be prepared.

PDL – Wanderlei made some harsh statements about you on MMAWeekly.
    AS – I have nothing to say about that. No comment.

PDL – You have the help of some beasts like Andre Galvao and Ronaldo Jacare. Does it look like this team will stick together?
    AS – It’s complicated talking about the team. We received Andre Galvao and Jacare with open arms. I’ll always stick with Minotauro and Minotouro, as well as Rafael Feijao. My team is Minotauro Team, I’m a Nogueira brothers black belt and I’ll always stick with them. Galvao and Jacare train with us, they helped me a lot for my last fight and our friendship can only become stronger. I hold Jacare in high regard and consider Galvao a brother too. I’m learning a lot with them and we’ll keep it up. I think the experience we’ve had, each on his own team, has made things solid and clear for everyone to stay happy. I think that’s what’s happening, the sport is going global. I’m reaching the level we’ve been working towards, which is to absorb as much in training as I can every day.

PDL – Is there anything else you’d like to say?
    AS – I’m really happy having all the people who’ve been win me around, who’ve helped my life get to where it is today.
    I’d like to thank everyone who’s helped me in training, ever since I started. I can’t name them all, but everyone who’s been through my life during my career has helped me. Everyone who’s been positive and negative has helped me become the champion I am today. I’m really happy with my work and hope to show all the technique and skill we’ve been developing every day.

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

is it just me or does he become less likable every fight? I <3 him, just seems different lately.

3. teep

teep New Member

:werd: something is just off

4. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Agreed, he comes off as arrogant in this interview.

5. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

I would be 2, he isn't getting the fights he wants. He has to defend a title against opponents that don't really deserve a fight with him. He knocks out almost every 1 of his opponents and the fans are all over him after 2 weak fights.
    On the other hand he would be a nobody if it wasn't for his contract with the UFC. So lifes a bitch.

6. kylejames19

kylejames19 New Member

Just seems jaded imo.

7. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

yeah, he seemed to have checked out mentally

8. Kuet

Kuet New Member

i do not know you sir, but hats off to the blackhawks.

FUCK MY LIFE I HATE YOU !!!!!!

9. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

that was going to be my exact response as i was reading the article. He just seems more and more "better than thou" as he keeps winning

10. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Agreed. It sucks a lot, but I don't really blame him. He never really gets what he wants. He wins every time but never gets respect for it. Especially lately, just because he didn't end the fights in the first 2 rounds everyone starts disrespecting him and talking shit. It's stupid.

11. kylejames19

kylejames19 New Member

:bowdown:

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

hmm this forest griffin thing is making me wonder if he is trying to get a lhw title shot

13. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

I think it's more along the lines of, "You seem so unchallenged in your weight division that we're going to give you the big boys in the 205 class"

14. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:werd:

15. Cheeks

Cheeks New Member

Seriously. His humility is decreasing with every fight. Kind of sad to see, really - I've always liked him because of that.

16. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

i miss this Anderson

[​IMG]

17. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

He probably has a collage of RJJ on his bedroom ceiling so he can get it up.