SRS Never underestimate human beings...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by onedownfiveup, Oct 1, 2007.

1. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

I'm posting this in here because I don't know where else to post this and get serious responses rather than stupid ones.

A little background I've been hanging out with this girl off and on for a few days and it's a female that both my roommate and I know. When she comes over and we're hanging out in the living room he kind of lingers around and talks with us every once in a while. Well Friday night she came over and my roommate left the house and while he was gone he was texting her. She told me he was texting her and and somewhat described what he was saying short of actually showing me the texts. Basically he was telling her that they needed to hang out and get to know each other. Saturday came around and I went to a wedding with this girl and she ended up wanting to come over and hang out and explained that my roommate had been texting her off and on all day. We kind of joked back and forth about it because of some of the texts and what they said. Then today she texted me and asked me how my day was and then I proceeded to ask her to come over tonight and she said that my roommate was going to take her to a movie. I just kind of replied with "ok". Now I can't even explain to her why I'm upset about this.

2. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

Well you don't have any claim on her.. so..

3. onedownfiveup

I'm upset about the choice she chose, but like you said I don't have any claim on her. I'm mainly upset about how my roommate could do something like that. That's something I would have never thought about doing to him with any females he's ever had over.

I guess now I know it's all free game.

4. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

Eh, I would have made it clear to him that I was hoping to get with the girl. I guess just like you said, never underestimate anyone.

5. onedownfiveup

I'm not sure how clear you can be watching a movie sharing a blanket with my clothes on her.

6. Animall0versist

Animall0versist New Member

That would be awful...Its horrible when its a friend who does that because you can't get angry as if it was a stranger

7. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

Your room mate needs to grow up. But seriously, she is the one at fault here. Maybe you didn't make your intentions known to her?

8. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

I had a roommate who did this to me. I've since broken all ties with that person and am a much happier person for it. It still hurts, because I'd had a thing for that guy for a long time, but life goes on. The reason your roommate is doing this is because he is a very insecure person with very low self esteem and zero respect for himself or others. These people aren't worth your time, I'd suggest cutting ties with him if at all possible.

However these things sometimes have a silver lining. If she hadn't done that to me, I most likely would never have gotten together with my current boyfriend, who I love very much. :)

9. onedownfiveup

I know she's to blame too. Girls are dime a dozen, but friends are far and few between. My roommate knew I liked her. So when he was doing all that he had to have known I would find out eventually. Thank god I found out now and not later on down the road if I were dating her. I'd rather know how it is now then later on.

Just like I told my roommate. I thought girls were the only ones that do that shit to each other. I've pretty much broken all ties with him.

10. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

That's the right move -- you are absolutely right about friends being few and far between.

I hope he realizes what a mistake he has made.

11. onedownfiveup