TAT never sleeping with a 1/2" in my tongue again

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Furner, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Furner

Furner New Member

i woke up in the morning and it hurt like shit. i guess my tongue swells alot when i sleep.

2. Laurel

Laurel New Member

mine too. especially after drinking

3. 12345678

12345678 EH?

yeah mine has been swelling when i go out drinking too
    got it pierced on friday

4. CheshrKitn

CheshrKitn :o

123 yours is still really new. You will probably be swollen for a bit longer. Try to be careful with it when its in this stage.

Furner, are you sure its swelling and just not that you are pressing your tongue into a weird position when u sleep? I have a friend that had to finally take hers out because at night she would sort of press her tongue up into the roof of her mouth and would wake up with horrible pains in her tonuge/roof of mouth. Maybe you are just doing something strange when you sleep?

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

12345678, go ahead and get shitfaced. The only damage that can do is when you lose control of your tongue cause you hammed.

6. Furner

Furner New Member

that might be, but i think that my tongue just swells when i get horizontal. i usually wear a 5/8 and its pretty comfortable, the 1/2 isnt tight on my tongue during the day, but its not nearly as loose as the 5/8. my theory is that when i sleep my tongue fills with more blood than when i am awake.

7. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

when you sleep you dehydrate which causes swelling. nothing to do with blood going to your tongue. keep a bottle/glass of water beside your bed at night and if you wake up just take a few sips of it.

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

you my friend are a genius and are the reason us professional piercers start to hate the general public.

your piercer should have told you to lay off the drinking for a week or so. you should follow his rules and you wouldnt have problems healing your tongue

9. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I wear a 5/8 90% of the time, I wake up from sleep with a 1/2" and have pits in my tongue. ugh

A week after I got my tongue pierced I ended up drinking quite a bit, and then someone got out the everclear. I was drunk and it seemed like a good idea... I liked a drop that went down the side of my glass, and it burned so badly. Worse than the piercing for sure

10. 12345678

12345678 EH?

i just did a search for my name about somethign else and found this.

My piercer said ti was fine to drink, as long as it wasn't beer, just hard liquor.

So, any idiot moves i made, are a result of his advice :)

Everything turned out fine though.

11. Furner

Furner New Member

hard liquor may cause slight drying, which is why they suggest using an alcohol-free mouthwash for aftercare.
    also, drunk people tend to do dumb things, and a fresh tongue piercing can easily get irritated/fucked up because a drunk person forgets how to use their freshly modified mouth.

12. Furner

Furner New Member

its been a while since i started this thread, and now i wear a 1/2 all day and all night without problems, except for a recent irritation that i got yesterday from playing too rough with my tongue :naughty:
    on the whole i think that now that i have healed some more the 1/2" is fine. and i do drink more water at night now, thanks AB

13. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i've had a ½' 8 gauge in my tongue for 4 years now, before that it was a ½' 10 guage for at least two years. mines actually a little loose, but i have a small mouth :hs:

14. 12345678

12345678 EH?

i didn't say i was going out and getting shittered ;)