SRS never happy, depressed.money and material objects ruined me.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quamen, Sep 22, 2005.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I dont know where to start, but i assume my current situation. Im 23 years old and live home with my family while im still finishing up my Ba degree in college. I never ever seem to fit in with the normal routine everyone would follow about going to school and just working some part time job to make some extra money. I was the one who was always never satisfied with what i had or what I made.

I kept in school and finished my associates really quick in 2 years, and then i transferred for my Ba. While my buddies and such were just going to school mainly and just working pt jobs to make some money, I was always after something more. I wanted everything I liked and always needed a large bank account to calm my worries. I sit here now after owning a successful business that I thought would make myself happy. I make more money than my friends who work full time in one day then they do in one week. I got to the point where I could get what i want, have nice cars, can buy nice things and I realized im dont feel normal.

While it is great to have money, the chase after the money ruined everything The girl I loved cheated on me because I think I didnt show her enough attention. My bonds with my family became weak and I actually became more stressed and depressed. I thought things would be great, now im at the point where I just want to get rid of it all and be down with the low maintenance lifestyle. I just feel like im working but never have time to have fun cause im always working 6-7 days a weeks. I have money but nothing really I want to buy anymore, I just dont want it. I feeel like doing nothing anymore my drive is gone im a total mess. I dont know where to start or where to end, and i guess worst of all the girl i loved so much but didnt realize it until she was gone, is gone. Im just so depressed lately and I never thought I would be this way.

Im at the point where I want to feel like a normal college kid, but also feel like i passed that stage and im 23 already and should not feel that way and do the things college kids would do. Im have mixed emotions each day and go up and down. Im guess this is all confusing, but im trying to straighten out my life.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

There is nothing in the entire universe that will make you happy exept love.

Therefore be a loving and helping person in your life,and your happyness will be complete.

Rediscover your life. http://www.aleroy.com/Abetway.htm

3. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

A. DO NOT through away your money that you have. DO NOT donate it all to charity. You will regret that no matter what, even if you do currently find your wealth to be a reminder of your "lost youth."

B. You have lost nothing in terms of age. You are 23. You are in your prime. You will not be really aging until a decade+ from now.

C. Can you quit your job and live a little? Seriously, go abroad for christ sake, pick up a beautiful french chick/dude/whatever, learn the language. Take a break. You know now that you can make money. So if you have to do it again you can. In the meantime, pursue new, personal, character building endeavours.

4. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

it sounds like you need a girl in your life. get one and you'll be fine.

5. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

:bowdown: It sounds like he is THE SHIT who just needs some friends. I hope to be in his financial position at 23

6. rookie

rookie New Member

Teach me your wealth building skills and I will teach you my social skills...
    :werd:

7. AO

AO New Member

It is great that you've learned this hard lesson of life so early. Most don't learn it until much later.

Your lost gf is but a stepping stone to your next one. You'll search for her laugh, her voice, her walk, her smell, her taste, her touch in another. And that one will show you the way to the next. And the next. And the next...

Go get a full body massage, take a small vacation, go hiking in the mountains and get your bearings. As much time as you put into your business is the same amount that you should put into exercise, relaxation and leisure. Your immediate problem is not your gf but your stress. Because you are so focused on your work you can't see the female opportunities around you. Relax and your vision will widen. And before you know it there'll be a female by your side.

8. nme

nme New Member

"Money will not buy happiness, but it will let you be unhappy in nice places."

Treat yourself to something, you'll feel better.

Good luck.