Never date a sorority girl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DSAzeppelin, Oct 13, 2006.

1. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

I met this girl during the tail end of her first semester...so the first few months of our relationship was long distance, but she would always drive down(4 hours) to see me every other weekend or so.

Then she moved back down during the summer and we continued our relationship from March to August living only 10 minutes apart.

She was absolutely amazing...the coolest girl I've ever met...the funnest girl I've ever met...we had an amazing relationship. It was almost perfect...it was wonderful.

But then her new semester started...and thats when everything got fucked up. She doesn't go out and party too much, she doesn't sleep around like all of the other sorority girls...thats not the problem. I went out with her because she doesn't do stuff like that. She actually has some respect and values.

But all of those sorority girls completely fucked with her head, changed her mindset...and all of them are just so shallow and manipulate eachother. They fucked with her head and it completely tore us apart.

All for some bullshit...

it's all bullshit.

I'll never ever try to do anything with a sorority girl again.

2. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

that's pretty much my motto

3. Isamu

Isamu New Member

dating Sorority girls... nah.. having them as 'friends' FTW!

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I never dated a sorority girl, but then again not many of them dated. They were either in long term relationships, whores, or goody-goody's...either way they usually made good friends as long as you dont get involved in the drama. Most sorority and fraternity people are still stuck with a high school mentality....i know it is a generalization, but thats my experience anyways.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

It's so easy to blame her for what likely is something you did. No matter how stupid people are, if she really cared about you she would have ignored them if she was as cool as you asid she was.

So this if your chance to stop and think about what you could have done that would have lowered her level if interest in you. Were you too boring, too angry, too predictable, too supplicating ... what? Chances are you are half to blame, at the least, so I always recommend doing a little introspection to learn how to better yourself for the next woman.

6. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

sororities girls are not relationship material... thats a fact of life.

7. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

hmmm I was a sorority girl, and i'm married.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I'm guessing he meant at the time when they are in he sorority.

I'm sure that many women will say the same thing about guys in frats.

9. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I was with him while in the sorority too :eek3:

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

My fiance' is a sorority girl, and she's one of the most amazing people I've ever met.

Again, I stand behind the fact that he likely did something to help her lose attraction for him, but what? :dunno:

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

some of the closest couples I know where is sororitys and fraternitys..:dunno: They were also alot more mature than the other members though. Just because someone goes greek doesnt mean they are the same as everyone else...but for the most part the general statements about going greek are true.

12. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

actually...that isn't the case at all. And we both know that...because we had a damn perfect relationship while she was away from all of her "sisters" and all that drama bullshit up at college. Literally...what we had was great...we were both head over heals for eachother...

but the second(literally) she got back into that enviroment she completely turned into a different person due to all of those girls messing with her head.

She knows what she did and how she treated me...she even said so from her own lips...but somehow she let this other identity overshadow who she really is and she just fucked everything up. Not just us...she's fucking everything up in her life. It's so sad to see such a great person go down this path. And if you try to say anything to her, she just puts up this wall and won't accept any of it.

And once again...she's only like this due to these girls...she aparently isn't strong enough to not allow herself to get manipulated and influenced by all of these other weak and shallow mindsets.

I'd rather have the situation be my fault...something that I fucked up on, because then I could take the blame and have an answer for how everything went down.

But that's not the case...

we both completely love eachother...but due to all of this shit...gah.

And you say look back at this and prepare to be better for the next girl...etc

but honestly...the only thing I can change about myself and how I treat a relationship...issss...maybe I should fight more? Maybe I should get angry more...maybe I should start being an asshole to my girlfriends? I don't know.

Like I said...while we were in our relationship is was great and it was only ruined due to these other people and all this bullshit.

thats why I wish it was my fault...then atleast I'd have something to reflect upon and change...but I dont...it's not my fault, I have no answers...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  13. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

very true.

Natalie was the coolest damn person I have ever met...she is absolutely wonderful.

but she is just too weak minded aparently. She let these girls change her....and it's really sad.

I've met a few good people that are greeks...but 98% of them...are worthless...and that's the truth.

Yeah you'll find those few who are cool and allright...but all of the other ones that I've met are completely fucked up in the head, I met all of those girls...and they are. It's a shame because they're all cool....

I'm staying away from now on though...never again. It's not worth the risk of getting fucked over again.

14. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I would suggest maybe "fight for" it more. Not get angry. No be an asshole, but confront the truth - when she was with her friends they changed her, and you didn't like it.

I know it's over and done with, but the hardest part of dealing with women - at times - is establishing yourself as the leader and protector of her good health and overall welfare. Think of you being the father to your daughter. Set some rules, enforce them, warn her of problems down the line.

I cannot imagine she would likely regret being with a guy like you (you seem VERY lucid, moreso than the average OT person asking for help!) over hanging out with a bunch of gossipy, backstabbing, evil women.

Can you? :dunno:

15. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

She already gave up...

like I said...she has this huge wall that she puts up to protect herself...but in reality it only hurts her because it's her way of hiding from the truth.

I tried, I put all the effort into it, but she just couldn't bring herself to do anything about it and threw in the towel.

I've said what needed to be said...but I don't know how much she is going to take in. At this point everything that I've told her is for her own sake. She is such a great person...but she thinks that she needs to be this other person and allow these people to change her. I don't want to see her turn into one of them and start to get involved with all of that crap. She's too awesome to end up being just a part of the herd.

At this point everything I say is for her sake...not mine, because as sad as it is....its over.

16. lauren

lauren Active Member

she wasnt perfect, she has a huge personality flaw that was exposed.

normal people arent changed by greek life, or much for that matter.

17. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

well im in a fraternity but i am not the typical "frat boy" i dont drink anymore, i have NEVER done drugs, the only thing i do is have sex. but i have to agree wit this comment...i LOVE sorority girls for many many many reasons...but there are good ones out there and theres bad ones just like there are with ALL girls..but findin good ones is hard but can b done.

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

most sorority girls are whores so treat them as such

19. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

anyone immature enough to join a sorority or fraternity is not (imo) someone I would ever want to have a serious relationship with. Don't get on me about "going greek has a lot to offer." I don't care what you think... in my eyes its a bunch of pathetic, insecure people paying to have friends.

20. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

no shit, huh?

I found that out the hard way.

BTW I never said she was perfect... Our relationship was near that though. She had flaws, but everyone does. She still was the most amazing person that I've met regardless of that. I feel kind of stupid saying that, because she fucked up so much in the end. But up until the fuck up...it was pretty damn special :hs:

I also found that out the hard way. I've always HATED sororities and frats...with a passion.

However I did meet her outside of the sorority and I thought she was someone different...

but like I said...the second she got back into that enviroment, she turned into that other person.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  21. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

atleast she isn't a whore...

yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if she turned into one. She's let them change her enough already...don't know if she's willing to throw away all of her values and morals too. Tis a shame.

22. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

man I've been going crazy the last two days though.

I know after all the shit that happened I should just say "Fuck you" and slam the door & move on...but this is harder than I thought. It wouldn't of been so bad if we had a meaningless relationship...but that's not the case.

Ugh...just want to turn off my head so I stop thinking about everything.

23. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

That's a bullshit excuse. Nobody turns into something opposite from themselves overnight. Ever think she just has two sides to her personality and only showed you one during your honeymoon phase? Or else... she is too immature to have any idea who the hell she is and just decided to take a turn down Stupid Avenue regardless of where you wanted to go or what might be best for her/you(plural). Thus indicating two things: those good times you had were just a phase, and she doesn't love you nearly as much as she loves herself.

Now you're right in your conclusion, but it's how you got there that bugs me. You're blaming the sorority for "changing her" when it's her that's to blame. But that spoils some idealized image of her you want to keep in your head because you're in love. You need to realize that it isn't her evil environment making her behave the way she does, that's just who she has chosen to become for her own reasons... which don't include you. Maybe she felt nailed down (which is not your fault most likely, more adolescent issues), or she is insecure and naive and craves attention.

The same thing, or close enough, happened to me. So I get it. It's easier to scapegoat other people and rationalize her actions away, but you are better off facing reality.

24. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Oh btw... I completely agree with you. I must not have been clear

The sorority is what changed her...but I don't blame the sorority. Even though I still hate the Sorority and how fucking horrible it is...and how it is destroying her...I blame her for being so insecure and weak minded to let them do that to her. I thought she was a bigger person than to let herself be changed, but sadly she isn't. So it's not the sorority's fault...it's hers.

Who she REALLY is...who she is in Orlando...really is such a great person. But obviously she is a great person...who has some MASSIVE flaws...and I found them out in an extremely hard manner.

We both love each other...I really do love Orlando Natalie so much, and she loves me....but when she got back up into that enviroment...she literally changed overnight(obviously she was already this person while back in school, so in reality...she just reverted back). The day she got back...everything about her changed...including what you said.

That's what makes this so damn horrible. It's all her that allowed all of this to happen...she let herself make the mistakes...she let herself do what she did and treat me how she did.

25. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

this is the truth.

she is very much insecure so I've found out....and a bit naive.

but it's nothing with attention...even after all of this...I don't get that impression.

I can however nod my head to the adolescent issues playing part in this. I know that is part of the equation for a fact

and that is the sad truth. Yes she loves me...but that doesn't quite mean enough to her.

She basically threw away all of her feelings for me and how much she cares for me when school started back up again. She still felt all of that, but she was so selfish and self involved with her other little identity...that she couldn't take a step back for 5 minutes and stop what she was doing.

She just buried it all and didn't give me or our relationship the respect that it deserved.

sucks when the most amazing girl also has a split personality...the good half loves you...but the bad other half overpowers everything that is great about her and destroys everything.