Never bulked then cut, need advice

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by checkii, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

So I have 5 months till my gym (Muay Thai gym) has tryouts for it's team. My goal was to be 170 - 175 of lean muscle by then.
    I bulked up to 170 and hurt myself and have just been in bed getting fat for the past month or two. I went from 5'10" 155lbs @ 11%bf to 175lbs @ 17%bf. most of this body fat has come on post injury.

I got a cortizone shot and am ready to get back to training.

My question is, is 5 months enough time to bulk and get back down to great cardio?

supliments: daily vitamin, flax seed oil, creatine, no.xplode, whey protein, and Xtend BCAA.

Work out routine:

Mon - Fri: run to and form gym. at gym 2 days of chest and tris. 2 days of back and bis. and one day of core/legs.
    Thai boxing or jiu jitsu 5 days a week for about an hour a day.

and thinking baout running on the weekends but dont know if that will hinder muscle growth.

I was planning on getting back into the routine and bulking up to 185 over the next 2 moths, then stopping on the high calorie intake and just lifting 2 - 3 days a week and doing cardio the rest.

Am I going at this the wrong way?

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

as far as cardio you will be fine... just keep up with bagwork and shadowboxing and sparring.... you will regain anything you lost, at least I know I have gotten into great cardiovascular shape in shorter amounts of time from MT.

i don't know about the muscle though. it sounds pretty feasible? :dunno:

3. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

Focus on losing the fat first, then build muscle. You usually cant do both at the same time.

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

i wasnt planning on doing it at the same time. I was alotting 2 months to bulk up 10 more pounds, then 3 months to cut down 10 - 15 pounds.

I have always been told you need to bulk then cut because if i cut then bulk iu'll just be adding body fat.

5. I Pwn Noobs

I Pwn Noobs Guest

yeah i'm trying to "bulk" right now. It sucks not being as cut but once you start cutting and get back down you'll look great.

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

hahha. Everyday i see my stomach and think, "WTF are you doing to yourself?"

but i was nmever that cut to begin wit. just always worked out a shit load so that I could eat like i want. But ideally i want to be in top sharpe for those tryouts in 5 months.

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

do it slowly and cleanly, getting fat in the quest for more muscle mass is over rated.....

8. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I'm at the weight I want to be at but not nearly as strong as i'd like to be, nor as cut. ideally i would rather pace myself but am unaware on how to really do that.

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I agree with this..

I'd try to get to 8-10% and then rebulk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.