SRS Never been this confused..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by boomdaddy246, Oct 24, 2007.

1. boomdaddy246

boomdaddy246 New Member

First off thank GOD for the veil of anominity known as the internet. I really can't talk to any of my friends about this and need to reach out to someone, something, ANYthing to try and regain a little bit of sanity. Here goes:

So, I've been with my girlfriend for 2 years now. We live together, yatta yatta. Over the last 6-8 months or so she's been so detatched from me, it's like we're strangers. She's always making rude comments to me, insulting me under her breath, going out with people I don't know and/or like without telling me where she's going or what she's doing or when she'll be back, etc etc you get the picture.

So recently, I've been kinda talking to this new girl at work. It started out she asked for my number, I didn't really think twice. We started texting each other, talking, etc etc. We get along really well, we like a lot of the same music, our personalities seem to click a whole lot better than with my current girlfriend. I'm getting the feeling she likes me (based on the fact that she's been asking me to come hang out with her evey night for the past like 5 days) Everything's looking good right? I mean, this is a chick who is totally in to me, who I like, and can see myself in a relationship with. So what's the problem? Ditch the bitch and take the plunge, right? Life isn't always so simple.....here's the twist.

She has a 1 month old little girl. :eek3:
    On top of that, she is broken up with the father, but they still live together. Apparently they don't get along very well, but when she mentioned possibly leaving the state, he got all crazy "NO ONE GONNA TAKE MY BABY" on her.

FUCK!!!!!!

I've never been anywhere NEAR a situation like this. I need some advice. What would you guys do?

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

My main concern here is the fact that you sit there and take abuse and stay with someone whom disrespects you. That is no way to live, that is no way to build a successful relationship.

When I date someone, they will know they can't treat me like this. If they try it, I put my foot down hard. If it continues, I will dump the girl so fast she won't know what happened. I treat my partners with respect and thus I expect it in return. Knowing this, do you think a girl I am dating is going to be pulling this crap? No way, it's not a problem I will ever have to live with. I'd rather be single.

However it appears you're taking it and doing nothing about it. Whenyou take that approach then people will continue to do it to you. Dump the girl. Don't give two shits about how she feels or what she will do now that you're broken up. Get rid of her. Being with someone like this will shorten your life and decrease the quality of living. You owe yourself more than that.

As for the new girl, ditch the current one and ask this one out on a date right away.

3. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

Ditch the gf, and at the very least don't date the new girl until she gets everything ironed out w/the father.

4. pretty_n_ink

pretty_n_ink New Member

I concur with the above comments. Get rid of the girl that is blatently being disrespectful. Then you might want to ask the 2nd girl out but take it slowly. She might get back with her "baby daddy" and just cause you more grief. Good luck.

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:ugh: Why would you put up with someone treating you like that for so long? It's obvious that that relationship is over and she's probably cheating on you so why haven't you ended it yet? You are all concerned with some new chick when you haven't even ended your current relationship yet.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

easy as pie to answer this:

Forget both of those women.

7. mrchina

mrchina Guest

First don't be a dick. End the relationship you're in currently. It's obvious you're trying for something more, but don't be that guy.

Second, after you've broken up with the girl, if you feel like you can deal with a little child, and truly stay in its life, go for it. But I'd demand she move at least out of the apartment and into her own place.

8. natestl

natestl I queef flies.

+1.

Your girl treats you like shit.

New girl lives with her baby's daddy. But they are not together. She made a choice to have a child with this fuckstick. Don't get involved with that. It has UGLY written all over it.

Start clean man.

9. boomdaddy246

boomdaddy246 New Member

thanks for all the responses guys (gals). I really appreciate it. Think I'm gonna chill for a bit in the single game (god damn I hate "the game", even though I'm an all star :)

Gonna ditch the bitch tonight. Wish me luck!

10. mrchina

mrchina Guest

boomdaddy246,

Good luck... but remember don't burn bridges.

11. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Good luck!

12. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

JP? Is that you? lol

13. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Good luck!

When she responds by trying to sucker you back in, don't buy it. No need to be a dick to her (even if she deserves it) just end it firmly and calmly. She's already used her chances. It WON'T change.

Think about all the girls in abusive relationships where she defends her guy saying he will change, and you're there looking at her like, "You idiot! He won't change dont you get it?" Well you're in that same situation.