Networking Problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hezkezl, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Hezkezl

Hezkezl Rawr! OT Supporter

Ok, here's my setup:

Modem -> Router -> Computer 1, Computer 2, Computer 3 (via the wireless feature), -> Router 2, Computer 4, Xbox 1, Xbox 2.

I ran just fine like this for months, with no problem whatsoever.
    However, recently, I've been having some shitty problems. Meaning, I can't go ANYWHERE on the internet, even though my modem is working fine, and my router's are fine (I think.)

So, me being the sleuth that I am, decides to do a little test, and change my setup to this:

Modem -> Computer 4. Voila, I'm on, and working perfectly.

Doing another test, I decide to hook Computer 4 back onto Router 2, and connect to my Xbox 1 via ftp. Voila, it works too.

I change the setup to be Modem -> Router 2 -> Computer 4, Xbox, and I can't do shit once again. However, I can connect to my xbox still from Computer 4...

I change the setup to Modem -> Router 1 -> Computer 4, xbox, and the exact same problem.

So, anybody have any suggestions? I know that the blatantly obvious thing, is that the routers are dead. However, I think it's EXTREMELY unlikely that BOTH input pieces on the routers decide to go dead at the exact same time, leaving me with no internet, and that it's something else.

Comments? Suggestions? I'm about to run out and get another router temporarily just to see if this is indeed the problem.

P.S. None of the other computers, or any of the xboxes, can get onto the network, so it's not something as easy as a network card.

2. Hezkezl

Hezkezl Rawr! OT Supporter

Hewoo..