Networking IP Scanning?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by OFI, Mar 1, 2008.

1. OFI

OFI New Member

I'm trying to configure a bunch of hardware at work all connected through a switch. However it didn't come with any manuals and it was all preconfigured. I only have the IP address for 2 of the pieces of hardware (the wireless transmitter/receivers)I can't find the IP for the video encoder or the switch.Is there an easy way to do this, i'm running an ip scan but I have so far scanned over 50k of ips and only found the 3 I know already. Without knowing their ips I can't configure anything :hs:I have downloaded the pdf manuals but they are no help as i'm guessing the supplier configured the ips it's all set to use or something.In othe rnews Angry IP Scanner seems to work quite well, although i'm doubting it is goign to manage the 255,255,255 range... lolz

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

depending on the device there should be a console port you can connect directly to. Otherwise, I would recommend doing a hard-reset on the device (manu can tell you how) to reset it back to default settings.

3. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

post the model number and manufacture name here

4. OFI

OFI New Member

Hmm I changed to a different app after I saw one of our screens briefly show its ip address which was in the range I had already searched.

'[email protected]' did the trick picked up everything properly, although 2 of the bits of hardware still don't work as the web browsing config is half missing. :hsugh:

For £30k you'd think you'd get a manual...

5. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

for £30k you should be calling the vendor telling them to explain this shit to you.