Networking help please

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Goonigoogoo, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

I'm working on a PC here, i have VPN access to all his clients and can sign on every chat/messnger program but i cannot access the internet nor the router. I have access to the router via another PC with ease. The PC i was workin on had 3 IP's and i deleted all of them and now only shows 1.

Why cant i have access to the net, am i missing something?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

what is the gateway. Make sure it's the same as the other PC and that the IP is not conflicting. Also check what your nameservers are.

3. Goonigoogoo

Thanks for the input Jolly, i figured out the probelm. I was baffled as to why i had access to all the VPN addresses and chat programs and i even succesfully pinged a couple of websites in CMD. It was in fact an I.E. problem.

And i discovered today that you can't send .exe files via msn messenger nor Gmail so i had to burn Mozilla Firefox on a cd, 5 MB :mamoru: and i now have access to the net. What a freakin hassle!

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

just make a .zip archive and send it in that. It'll upload faster, too, since it's compressed ;)

But if you do a lot of work with systems, I recommend you invest $20 in a cheap USB pen-drive. It's an awsome tool for transporting data between two systems w/physical access.

5. Goonigoogoo

I do have a pen drive but i had left it at home. And as for zipping it, good idea, i dont know why i didnt think of that. I'm still a n00b to IT business but mark my words, i will never forget zipping an exe file anymore.