Network??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by spyder2581, Jan 15, 2006.

1. spyder2581

spyder2581 Active Member

My parents have a gateway that we have owned for probably about 5 years now. I have never had any problems with it or anything. Its a P4 1.5ghz ( i can get more specs if its really necessary) Well last week the internet just quit working. I tested it on a different connection that I know was working and it still didnt work. I installed a network card to see if that would work and the new one didnt work either. Does this mean the motherboard crapped out? Everything else works fine on it. Help please!:x:

The card says that its connected at 100 mbps but it barely sends or receives anything (like 70-80 packets)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  2. skelm

skelm New Member

Before you did anything you should have just restarted the router / called your isp... Chances are things were just not working for a small while and you panic'd and fucked everything up :p

3. spyder2581

spyder2581 Active Member

WEll it is plugged directly into the wall at an apartment complex so it is not hooked up to a router. And the chances arent that things were just not working for a while because i tested it on a different connection that i knew for sure was working. I dont know how i could have panic'd and fucked things up when all i did was try to put in a seperate network card over the onboard one.