network printer question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by crotchfruit, Apr 15, 2003.

1. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

k, here's the story: we have a HP 4050 N on our network. it's just connected via ethernet cable to our switch, and is configured for 192.168.1.22 (no conflicts.)

there's one win95 computer here that can see it, and is configured to use it and to share it as a network printer. when other people need to use this computer, they print through the win95 box's printer share (rather than installing the printer themselves.)

so now someone (with win98) wants to use the printer w/o going through the win95 box, but we have no idea how to set up this printer on another machine. when we try to add a network printer to his computer and browse the network, it's not there (all we can see are the computers listed as shared printers on other machines - including the share for this printer we are trying to add) but we don't want to go through a share.

tried typing in the network path as 192.168.1.22 and \\192.168.1.22 but neither worked. we have no idea how the original win95 machine was set up to use this printer :wtc:

anyone know how to add a network printer by ip address in win98?

btw, all network settings are checked that i can think (file/print sharing, tcp/ip all set, ipx, netbios enabled, netbusomething, etc.) the printer works great from everyone's computer when we print through the win95 share.. just want to add it directly.

thanks to anyone who knows :bowdown:

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Try going into the internet browser and typing 198.168.1.22 in the address bar. That's how mine works.

3. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

i give you ten billion dollars :big grin:

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Stupid fucking bank - apparently they need a little more than just a message board printout to transfer the funds. I'm gonna take my business elsewhere.