Network Issues! [dsl504t with belkin N router]

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by psyclone, Mar 18, 2009.

1. psyclone

psyclone o_O

im trying to add a belkin wireless N router to my network. Its pugged into a D-Link DSL504T 4 port adsl router, and the Belkin router is the only node on it.

In the Belkin router i have one PC, and a thecus N299 NAS plugged in and my notebook connected wirelessly.

I have the internet working fine on my notebook and PC but i cant for the life of me get the NAS running. I am using the thecus finder application that can see the NAS on the network. As soon as i try to log in via the HTML interface it wont load at all.

I can get the DSL504T though 10.1.1.1 and change its settings. It is set up as the DHCP server. I did have a static ip on the NAS but i changed it to DHCP when it wouldnt work. I guess i should make it static again?

Any ideas? i have tried everything i can think of! I dont think the belkin router has dhcp enabled becasue as soon as i turn the DSL504T off none of the nodes can see each other.

2. psyclone

psyclone o_O

Ummmm.... wtf... i refreshed it and it it opened the ftp location on the nas but the applet that is designed to find it on the network and set it up cant see it...

That will do for now :)