network inventory Q

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Leb_CRX, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

how do you manage licenses for end users/computers?

I am debating installing a audit tool and have it run with the login script that pools everyone's hardware/software info and saves it on the server, and I'm wondering if there's a better solution somehow?

if not, what do you guys use?

the company I work for is growing quick, and I need to implement something ASAP...right now, all the cd's are in my desk droor with end user's names written on them...except for a few blank ones :o :mamoru:

I've ordered a few cd binders, and I begin the cleanup soon :hsd:

2. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

When I started work here my first task was to inventory the computers. I wrote this perl script, compiled it to an exe and put it in the users login scripts. We have about 800 comptuers, ran over three days, it collected everything, drive types, drive size, space left, installed software (and uninstalled software that didn't clear it's keys from the registry), ram, video cards, video ram, etc, etc. It dumped it all into a nice Access database that was searchable and all that. You could go that route.

Novell has Zenworks, there is an inventory thing built into that as well . . .

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but