netgear router issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jdog12, Jun 28, 2005.

1. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

every once in a while i will loose my wireless connection on both computers. then i will come downstairs and look at my router (netgear wgt624 108mbps router) and the wireless led will be shut off(not blinking like normal) and the power led will be amber instead of green. then i usually have to reset it or cut the power and turn it back on and it will fix itself. anyone know what could be gong on?

2. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I had something similar on a wired router. Send it back and get a replacement.

3. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

where is jollyogre's sack riding when we need it?

4. Capa

Capa New Member

my linksys wireless router seems to loose connectivity alot and come back so idk if wireless is having this problem or they are just bad wireless routers.....

5. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

a amber powerlight has to mean something.. i tried searching around and cant find much.

6. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

router has been good to me so far except for this.

7. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

I have that router (version 2). Sometimes it reboots on me when it gets hot. Now I use it as a switch and access point and it still reboots on me. I'd send it back...these things are crap.

8. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

i am thinking that it has only happened while the computers that are hooked up wirelessly are turned off. while they are on it wont do this.. also im thinking but im not sure this started when i switched it to 108mbps mode which uses channel 6.... and according to one of my computers.. there are 5 other wireless AP's witin range that use channel 6, so this could have something to do with it. im going to try both before i call netgear and ask what is up. IBoffshoretechsupport.

9. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

He would probably say that Netgear is crap and then proceed to call the original poster a dumbass :rolleyes:

10. Keyzs

Keyzs OT Supporter

You power supply is bad. If its still in warranty contact Netgrear and get a new one. If its out of warranty, go buy a Linksys, Dlink, or anything else.